Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma basketball: Cheers for Creighton, but where's Wichita State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma basketball: Cheers for Creighton, but where's Wichita State?

Good stuff. Love how the only picture is of the Shocks.

How about Barry saying "Kansas and Kansas State don’t play the Shockers, either. Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall even has been known to call the Jayhawks the “Chickenhawks.”"

Marshall has been known......HA.

Comment

Well. Im sure they want to actually win the game. With CU, they probably have a pretty good chance at doing that.

With WSU .... eh. Notsomuch.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Of course they want to hit it up with the Fighting Sweater Vests - they won't be a competitive team for who knows how long.

Comment

I'll crack up if that game ends up being an RPI killer for OU.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

cu only on their schedule because they know they are going to suck next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Honestly, that is a great scheduling philosophy. Schedule teams that were good and created national splash the previous year, but look to be taking large steps back for the next 1-2 years. You get credit for the 'name' on your schedule with increased odds of success.

Comment

Ding ding we have a winner. CU will be a middle of the pack BE team.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Honestly, that is a great scheduling philosophy. Schedule teams that were good and created national splash the previous year, but look to be taking large steps back for the next 1-2 years. You get credit for the 'name' on your schedule with increased odds of success.

Hhmmm...that seem to work for us with Bama and Tennessee....

But then again, we are not a BCS team...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

A comparison of Creighton and WSU statistics expressed as a percentage by each class. I left Gibbs as a Senior instead of clasifying him as a Senior squared or Senior cubed.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      A comparison of Creighton and WSU statistics expressed as a percentage by each class. I left Gibbs as a Senior instead of clasifying him as a Senior squared or Senior cubed.

Goodness...

Comment

I am......ohhh I don't know....91.4% sure that Wichita St. has probably extended an offer to play either OU or OSU over the years but nary a taker on the Cowboys or Sooners side. Why would that change now??? And if OU and/or OSU wanted a game now....why we would give them one?
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Why would they want to play the Shockers? The Shockers only drew a higher TV rating in OKC then the Thunder, Cowboys or Sooners.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                            Why would they want to play the Shockers? The Shockers only drew a higher TV rating in OKC then the Thunder, Cowboys or Sooners.
                            We'd probably end up being THEIR Superbowl too...

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Hurts a little more in basketball given the RPI issue, but if Creighton can manage to keep it within the top 200, this is a very smart move by Oklahoma.

Ride the McDermott-created spike in interest by stomping a team that is going to be very, very bad next year, before they have a chance to be exposed too many times.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X