Lutz on Tn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutz on Tn

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I think he is spot on.

Comment

Except the last part about Missouri. I think that he was just trolling with the Missouri comment.
      Last edited by Shock Therapy; April 15, 2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
        Except the last part about Missouri. I think that he was just trolling with the Missouri comment.
        Missouri is not a job that would appeal to Marshall. Fan base is suspect. Memphis would be a better program than Missouri.

Indiana, Louisville, Florida, Memphis, New Mexico are all schools that I think would fit Marshall in a similar way as WSU. Texas and maybe Baylor.

I would say Oklahoma State might, but they are not drawing fans like they used to from what I hear with the Thunder in OKC now.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Mizzou is getting close to not caring about basketball, as long as football is good. They dont draw good crowds anymore.

Of course, Marshall would change that, but again. Why leave a yearly top 15 program to rebuild at a school were bb is 2nd fiddle and you better win yesterday or your gone.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Missouri is not a job that would appeal to Marshall. Fan base is suspect. Memphis would be a better program than Missouri.

Indiana, Louisville, Florida, Memphis, New Mexico are all schools that I think would fit Marshall in a similar way as WSU. Texas and maybe Baylor.

I would say Oklahoma State might, but they are not drawing fans like they used to from what I hear with the Thunder in OKC now.
            missouri is a garbage basketball job. not a chance in hell he leaves WSU for Mizzu.

Indiana, Michigan, UNC, Duke, Florida are better fits.

UCLA is bigger than most all and he turned that down already.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              missouri is a garbage basketball job. not a chance in hell he leaves WSU for Mizzu.
              Mizzou has never made it to the Final Four. They were often Top 3-4 in the old Big 8 conference and the old Big 8 had some bad losing programs too at that time. Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Colorado, and Iowa St. (except for Bobby Orr) were all mediocre at best and mostly bad programs in the 60s-80s.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Mizzou has never made it to the Final Four. They were often Top 3-4 in the old Big 8 conference and the old Big 8 had some bad losing programs too at that time. Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Colorado, and Iowa St. (except for Bobby Orr) were all mediocre at best and mostly bad programs in the 60s-80s.
                :)

I also dont see any rhyme or reason why he would take any big 12 job besides kansas.

Comment

Let me try a list of things I think Marshall would require before leaving WSU

1) Ability to be consistently in the top 20
                  2) Ability to compete for a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney
                  3) Ability to get to a F4
                  4) No rebuilding. Program at the level described in numbers 1 through 3.
                  5) Salary around $3 mill.
                  6) Unwavering fan support that is likely to be maintained if there are a couple of down years.

He's got all that, other than the $3 mill, where he's at and I believe him when he says he wants to coach where he's happy. I think the Athletic Department has put themselves in a position to keep Marshall for a long time.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Nozzou.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would rule out misery as well on the fact that HC3G2L has a family. Columbia is an overgrown college town that happens to sit on I-70. I would never rule out texass as a job. I would look at the city/town as being a factor to any job that might appeal to HC3G2L. Tn has some amazing looking facilities but basketball still isn't "SEC fooball".

Comment

MU (when Haith eventually gets canned) totally fails two of Marshall's litmus tests: fan support (their arena is akin to a morgue most game days), and rebuilding job. Maybe Lutz is forgetting the umpteen times Marshall has said if he ever leaves WSU, a rebuilding job won't be it. That said, Tennessee next year will be a hell of a rebuilding job. It would be very similar to what Marshall had to endure here his first season (hence his statement on never taking another rebuilding job).

Comment

He will wait on UK, IMO.

Comment

Or he stays at his already awesome job. Doesn't want to coach forever and his already 51.

Comment

As the Dover points out Bob is being absolutely correct that he doesn't see HC3G2L coaching at WSU forever....he has already said he isn't going to coach forever period. This is his last stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X