Intriguing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intriguing?

Have no info to say we are looking at this guy but still interesting.

Pretty sure he knows both Okon and Ehimeh:

ARLINGTON – St. John’s has granted starting center Chris Obekpa a release so that he can pursue transferring to another school. Baylor and UCLA have shown some mutual interest in Obekpa…

Yes
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Interesting. Man there are an awful lot of really good possibilities right now.

Comment

atwood or *******

Comment

I think Atwood is out. *******'s a possible.

Bigger fish to fry.

Comment

******* isn't a center, obviously, but he appears to be the closest thing out there to Cleanthony and his ability to stretch the defense by hitting from deep. That was a big, big help to have. He also is eligible right away, and the Shockers have pursued him and he's shown an interest.

Obepka is interesting, all right, but ******* would be my fish if I had to choose. Whatever I or we think, though, Marshall and his crew will come up with something good -- that's their standard procedure.

Comment

They'll probably wind up at Kentucky.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

*******...Book it

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  They'll probably wind up at Kentucky.
                  When can we expect you to create a pseudo-account under the name "AZ Wildcat"?? ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

Atwood is out down to FSU and Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      When can we expect you to create a pseudo-account under the name "AZ Wildcat"?? ;)
                      Lol :)
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I assume the priority for the 1 shollie we currently have available is for a player who can step in a contribute immediately next season.

Obekpa looks interesting but will have to set out a year and will either have to pay his own way for a year or, more likely, we would find a way to free up another scholarship.

Comment

I'm going to use this thread to post about other Forwards that are transferring.

@jeffborzello: Michigan's Jon Horford is transferring. Will graduate and be eligible immediately.

A 6'10 guy. Will be a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                            I'm going to use this thread to post about other Forwards that are transferring.

@jeffborzello: Michigan's Jon Horford is transferring. Will graduate and be eligible immediately.

A 6'10 guy who played well down the stretch. Will be a senior.
                            That's surprising. I would love to know the reasoning behind his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post

A 6'10 guy. Will be a senior.
                              Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              That's surprising. I would love to know the reasoning behind his decision.
                              "Now, moving inside, what do you think happens with Jon Horford? There has always been plenty of practice buzz, and the skill/athleticism/bloodline is there for him to be a really good interior player. However, it seems like Horford just gets caught up in his own head sometimes. What do you think his role on next year's team is?"

Jon Horford will transfer from Michigan after graduating this May. Here’s the University of Michigan release. (Photo: Dustin Johnston) University of Michigan men’s basketball head coach John Beilein announced today (Thursday, April 10) senior forward Jon Horford(Grand Ledge, Mich./Grand Ledge HS) will not return to the Wolverine program in 2014-15, planning to transfer for his […]
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X