Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN way too early Top 25

WSU checks in at #5

I guess we are finally taking advantage of all of our successes with these generous pre-season rankings. I don't want to make an ass of myself by saying that we don't deserve a top-5 ranking because Ron, Fred, Tekele, and Darius would make me look like a fool. However, there are a lot of question marks in the front court and with Cle gone, who was likely the most game-planned player for the shockers, teams will shift full focus to Ron/Fred/Tekele.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Heres CBS way to early #8

Mike Krzyzewski's Duke Blue Devils are No. 1 even with the expected losses of Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood. Arizona, Wisconsin, Kansas and Florida round out the top five.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Maybe we could change the title of this thread to "Way Too Early Preseason Polls". That way we can include them all in this thread.

Just a thought, no need to by any means.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          I guess we are finally taking advantage of all of our successes with these generous pre-season rankings. I don't want to make an ass of myself by saying that we don't deserve a top-5 ranking because Ron, Fred, Tekele, and Darius would make me look like a fool. However, there are a lot of question marks in the front court and with Cle gone, who was likely the most game-planned player for the shockers, teams will shift full focus to Ron/Fred/Tekele.
          Slow down, wsushox1 -- Think about what you just said about Ron, Fred, and Tekele, and then try to focus your eyes on three things simultaneously. How did it work?

That will not be an easy game plan (and they won't be WSU's only weapons).

Comment

I love the love.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We lose a first round pick but we return a second round pick and the best PG in college basketball. That's a sentence that I never thought would come out of my mouth.

Comment

Pre season #5 in the polls, #1 in my heart

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  They never mentioned Morris and Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    They never mentioned Morris and Holland.
                    Pretty common in pre-season analysis to skip over freshman RS.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I love it. This just goes to show that we are being recognized, (and so what the hell if it is early, I wish it was Early) as finally having arrived as one of the top, sustaining, BB programs in the nation.

And this simply can't hurt recruiting.

Comment

WAY overrated. WSU hasn't played anybody. Their RPI and SOS numbers are so terrible I assume they just fell off the table, because I can't find them. They'll get destroyed as soon as they play an elite team that plays above their own heads, book it.
                        Last edited by Cdizzle; April 8, 2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

It is entirely too early but if it helps with recruiting and HCGM is pleased, I will embrace it.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I don't now how the fanbase will act when we can't pull the Rodney Dangerfield schtick anymore.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              I don't now how the fanbase will act when we can't pull the Rodney Dangerfield schtick anymore.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X