Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone NOT rooting for Kentucky tonight????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all the games we've played this far, UCONN is the one that scares me the least. WSU was the toughest opponent as they had more talent than Mich, better athletes than Wisky, and played the game better than UL. But our guys can't afford a letdown, see Florida for how that works out.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      I hear what you're saying but flip it around...How would you have fealty had uk turned right around after our game and played like crap vs Louisville? The amount of criticism leveled against us as frauds will be tough to digest.
      I'd feel exactly the same as I do now...we lost. Maybe I'd wish Ky had played like crap against US, but I wouldn't feel worse over OUR loss. But, I understand your position; my wife echoes your sentiments as well. Unfortunately, at least amongst those I've talked to, the "doubters" haven't changed their position on us just because of Kentucky's success...I STILL hear the fraud talk. Only a few changed their tune; the majority of "doubters" have taken their (ignorant) position and aren't budging just because Kentucky is in the Final.

Comment

You change naysayers over time, not overnight. It'll come. Just keep knocking on that proverbial door.

Comment

I'll be rooting for UConn, hands down. I've never been one to derive any satisfaction from losing to the eventual champions. I can understand the sentiments/arguments of those who feel otherwise about this, but it's just not me. To me, all that matters is that we lost. I don't care if we lose to the eventual champions, or if we're like either EKU or OU, who lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost the championship game. Either way, we still lost and it sucks. I gain my statisfaction from knowing that we played our asses off and it took a team full of NBA players playing their best game of the year to beat us. Not from whatever happens after our game.

Comment

I feel we've been validated already by UK's success in the tournament. While it will be a nice to say we lost to the champs by a couple points 2 years in a row, I don't want Calipari's system to get another chamionship. Go UCONN!

Comment

I'm trying not to care. But when I find myself caring a little bit, I think I'm pulling for UKonn. No that's not a typo. It's actually that close for me. UConn, slightly overshadowed by UK.

Comment

I'm rooting for neither. If it's close I might tune in for the last minute or so. I really don't like UConn otherwise I'd be cheering for UK's opponent. As it stands now I couldn't care less who wins.

Comment

my scenario, UK wins, Cal goes to the pros, the inevitable "vacating" of this season happens for UK, SHOX finish 35-0!

Comment

Kentucky...only so we can say we lost to the eventual National Champion two years in a row. They do seem destined...having hit a huge 3 against Michigan, and surviving two last second game-winning shots in two other games--Wisconsin and us.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      I'd feel exactly the same as I do now...we lost. Maybe I'd wish Ky had played like crap against US, but I wouldn't feel worse over OUR loss. But, I understand your position; my wife echoes your sentiments as well. Unfortunately, at least amongst those I've talked to, the "doubters" haven't changed their position on us just because of Kentucky's success...I STILL hear the fraud talk. Only a few changed their tune; the majority of "doubters" have taken their (ignorant) position and aren't budging just because Kentucky is in the Final.
                      i listened to fox sports that sunday night two weeks ago and they positively RIPPED wichita state for losing to kentucky and being exposed as frauds, in their words. (you know, those two new yorker sounding guys that are running their mouths 24/7) losing to kentucky didn't/doesn't change the over prevalent moron mind. they sounded so wrong, so backwards, that i had to keep listening, as offensive as it was, just to gain some insight on the defective mindset that so often thrives in our society. it's only sports, i know, but that was like a psychology lesson in idiocracy.

meanwhile, 'shockers need to lace 'em up and do it again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                        my scenario, UK wins, Cal goes to the pros, the inevitable "vacating" of this season happens for UK, SHOX finish 35-0!
                        That's a nice thought, but we'd still have the '-1.' When a team vacates a win, the losing team doesn't get to vacate the loss.
                        78-65

Comment

how will uconn even compete, they have players going to bed hungry at night...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            how will uconn even compete, they have players going to bed hungry at night...
                            It does happen more often than one would think.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I remember DK would tweet, even during the season, how hungry he was late at night.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                                It does happen more often than one would think.
                                So they are not on a dorm meal plan? No training table? please...

Comment

Working...
                                X