Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone NOT rooting for Kentucky tonight????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone NOT rooting for Kentucky tonight????

As much as I NEVER would otherwise, I will continue. And when they win, I hope Calipari says "You know, all credit to
    UCONN....but the best team we beat was in the second game...THEN we knew we could be champs!"

When one of the Harrison's hit that three with under 10 seconds to play the other night (or the week before, or the week before), I found myself putting a fist in the air. How embarrassing that I admitted that...

Comment

If you're waiting for Cal to mention WSU don't hold your breath because it ain't gonna happen.

Dogs and cats, living together.....mass hysteria !!!!

Comment

Living in Kentucky as a WSU fan is difficult. However, most Kentucky fans that I know have credited the Shockers as being their toughest win.

I have mixed feelings about rooting for Kentucky to win it all. On one hand, we can say that we lost to the eventual National champion by 2 points. On the other hand, there are a lot of arrongant, entitled-feeling Kentucky Wildcat fans that I just don't want to have to listen to for another year boasting about their great teams.

Comment

I understand when fans get a sense of pride by losing to the eventual champions, but it's not me. We still lost. I still watch Ky win and think, "Damn, that could be us." I don't feel better seeing the "other" team win. Couple that with a real dislike for Calapari, a mild dislike of Kentucky, and I'll watch the game without cheering on either team.

Comment

Normally I wouldn't. but in this case, since we played damn near our best game and they played damn near their best game I think I'm going to root for them. We lost, straight up - no fluke.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I will gladly root against the Wildcats tonight. They gave us a hell of a game, and definitely deserve to be where they are.... But I really hope that one fan has to get that exceedingly arrogant tattoo removed.
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                If you're waiting for Cal to mention WSU don't hold your breath because it ain't gonna happen.

Dogs and cats, living together.....mass hysteria !!!!
                Bingo! Cal knows how to talk the talk. If they win, it would all be about UCONN, etc. He's not looking in his rear-view mirror at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  Bingo! Cal knows how to talk the talk. If they win, it would all be about UCONN, etc. He's not looking in his rear-view mirror at WSU.
                  Correct. Truth is, it will make us feel better about our loss and put a little better spin on it, but the Shockers are no longer on the nations radar (in regards to this tounament).
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

gotta go with Kentucky...makes that one Loss feel that much less painful

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      I understand when fans get a sense of pride by losing to the eventual champions, but it's not me. We still lost. I still watch Ky win and think, "Damn, that could be us." I don't feel better seeing the "other" team win. Couple that with a real dislike for Calapari, a mild dislike of Kentucky, and I'll watch the game without cheering on either team.
                      I hear what you're saying but flip it around...How would you have fealty had uk turned right around after our game and played like crap vs Louisville? The amount of criticism leveled against us as frauds will be tough to digest.

Comment

that one loss coming to the eventual champion keeps our perfect season in perspective...I just think it helps validate our loss that much more and good of team this is and was...personally Im just wishing it was November already...but we gotta a long off season ahead of us and probably one more signing as well.

Comment

You guys are just taunting WuDrWu, aren't you?

He weeps for you!

Comment

Game what game? Didn't know a basketball game was being played tonight.

Comment

I'll take the idea of the "BIG PICTURE". Anything that sounds "positive" for Wichita St. is what I care about the most. Having Gregg Marshall on a national interview and to recruits saying, "Our last and ONLY 2 losses the past year are to National Champion Louisville in '13 and to Kentucky in '14."

To me...I think that is a big thing to remind media and recruits about.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X