April 24th Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 24th Celebration

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

WICHITA, Kan. — Wichita State will hold its 2014 Men's Basketball Celebration, Thurs., April 24, at Charles Koch Arena, Director of Athletics Eric Sexton announced today.
    The celebration will be open to the public and free of charge.
    Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the program starts at 7:30 p.m. with the yearly awards program and comments from head coach Gregg Marshall, assistant coaches and selected players.
    The Spirit Squad, Dance Team and Band will also be recognized. 

The Charles Koch Arena Shocker Locker souvenir shop and concession stands will be open, while the event will also include video highlights from the NCAA Tournament on the video board.
    Due to the volume of requests, coaches and players will not be available for autographs.

I'm disappointed because I wanted to get a full table to come from Great Bend for the banquet. But I would guess that WSU figured they had to do something that would accomodatelots more fans. Hope the arena if jam packed.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I don't know for sure but I think that there will be an awards banquet in addition to the celebration. But I was born in Hoisington so you have to take that into consideration.

Comment

Some Texas buds met Coach Marshall at the Final 4.

This post has nothing to with this thread title, but I did not want to start a new thread for it

So there, Dazzle.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I don't know for sure but I think that there will be an awards banquet in addition to the celebration. But I was born in Hoisington so you have to take that into consideration.
          There you go. In the paper this am it will also include the awards banquet. My bad.

Comment

Bump. Now for one of the real tangible things every Shocker fan can do to show Coach Marshall that he should Coach where he is loved.

Would like to see a little pub about this out of the athletic department as it seems to be kind of under the radar right now.

Spread the word Shocker Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Bump. Now for one of the real tangible things every Shocker fan can do to show Coach Marshall that he should Coach where he is loved.

Would like to see a little pub about this out of the athletic department as it seems to be kind of under the radar right now.

yup I honestly forgot about it until you bumped this thread
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe our good friends at Spangles or Tad's could run a few tie-in media spots although time is short.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Agreed that it is pretty horrible marketing. Less than 4 days away and nothing.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The sad fact of the matter is that it is undermarketed because it is free and makes the athletic department little to no money.

Never mind the good will spread through the community and enlarged fan base it brings together to recognize this amazing team.

If nothing else the local news media should be pumping it up to keep their jobs interesting.

Comment

My wife mentioned to me last night that she has seen several television spots promoting the April 24th celebration. Not sure about the when or where's though.

Comment

I've seen WSU pimping the event through their various presences on Facebook. I have seen some media mentions of it as well. I have not seen anything via TV spots, but like most these days the DVR has all but killed off the TV commercial.

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this tonight !

Comment

There's a celebration tonight?

Who knew?

I'll be in attendance and probably shaking my head at the turnout thanks to our esteemed marketing team/efforts.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X