Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker to stay at WSU

Baker will return for his junior year:

Wichita State sophomore guard Ron Baker will return to school for his junior year, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.

I got a notification about this from my SportsCenter app. And I thought it was pretty cool to be in a position where it's national news that our players are staying.

Comment

I never knew he was considering the draft.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        I never knew he was considering the draft.
        It's good to get feedback on where you stand. Useful information for future planning.

Since Baker redshirted and could earn his degree next year, I think there is a reasonable chance he would go pro if he has a solid season next year.

Comment

I'm happy he will return for the team but even happier he is smart enough to return to get his degree. That degree will be worth a lot later on.

Comment

And in other breaking news, it's being reported that Pope Francis is Catholic...

Comment

To anyone with any knowledge of how the NBA draft entry process works; what exactly is an NBA draft evaluation form?

Also, a certain ShockerNet poster will say this article is one the 10 dumbest articles in the history of articles.

That is all.

Comment

We've landed on the moon

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                  We've landed on the moon

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    To anyone with any knowledge of how the NBA draft entry process works; what exactly is an NBA draft evaluation form?
                    I think this article does a good job at summarizing the process. It sounds like the evaluation form is a way for underclassmen to receive feedback from NBA execs about their draft position before the deadline for declaring without hiring an agent (which would require them to forfeit their remaining eligibility)
                    NBA Draft scouting reports, mock drafts, articles on NBA Draft Prospects. Extensive high school, NCAA and international NBA draft coverage.

Comment

His stock will increase next year. Maybe even the next depending on how next season goes. Financially he will probably come out ahead, dontcha think?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        And in other breaking news, it's being reported that Pope Francis is Catholic...
                        I don't think a kid projected to be a potential 2nd round pick is just out of the world crazy to consider not returning to college, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I don't think a kid projected to be a potential 2nd round pick is just out of the world crazy to consider not returning to college, or am I missing something?
                          It would be crazy if you were selected by a team close to Yellowstone.

Comment

Well, we don't how seriously, or even if, Ron was really considering not returning to college. I'm guessing not very much, if at all. But he could be curious to see what people think of him, and this is obviously a way to find out.

So, out of this world, maybe not -- but out of this hemisphere (especially for a sophomore, considering the way players supposedly projected as even late first-rounders end up not getting drafted), almost certainly. Meanwhile, the reports about Pope Francis have now been confirmed.

Comment

I'm betting he wasn't thought to be a first round draft pick (top 30); only first round picks are guaranteed NBA contracts. He'd be taking a chance on not making a team if he wasn't a first round pick...

Comment

Working...
                              X