Danny Manning vs. Steve Wojciechowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Manning vs. Steve Wojciechowski

I keep hearing over and over again how Danny Manning is not ready for the WF job, I call BS. Why is it that no one seems to blink an eye about Steve Wojciechowski taking over Marquette?

In 2 yrs at Tulsa, Danny Manning is 38-29.

In 3 years at Colorado before taking the WF job, Jeff Bzdelik was 36-58.

Add the fact that he's recruited and shown to have improved the basketball skills of quite a few high major bigs, he at worst an upgrade for them.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Why would Danny want to go to WF? He can do better if he is patient. Much better.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Add that wojo was the assoc head coach for a very long time under arguably the greatest coach of all time.

But I don't really care if Danny manning goes to Wake Forest. I don't really care about Wake Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Why would Danny want to go to WF? He can do better if he is patient. Much better.
          That's a valid question/point. I remember reading somewhere that Danny may not be thrilled with the level of support he has at Tulsa. Either from the fan base or from the athletic administration. That may have just been someone's opinion who may or may not have any real insight into the situation.

Comment

I spent the last weekend of spring break in Tulsa, playing golf with buddies. This was opening weekend of the tounament. I didn't meet a single Tulsa U fan or supporter in the 3 days I was there. I got the impression that they were an afterthought at best. Any time I asked if they were TU fans, the look I got was chilling. Couldn't swing a cat without hitting an OSU fan. Granted, it's a small sample size. I don't recall seeing a single Tulsa bumper sticker or tag or t-shirt. I can easily see why manning might want to bolt.
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Wake Forest draws 10-15k when they don't suck, appeared in 14 NCAA Tournaments between 1991-2010, was ranked #1 as recently as 2009, and will pay him about 250% of what Tulsa is willing to.

The Golden Hurricane are moving to a tougher conference next year and Danny just made the tournament with a team whose RPI was in the 70s. His stock only improves if he elevates Tulsa to being an at-large quality team, and we all saw how many shits his school gives about NIT-quality 20 win teams under Wojcik.

I'd bounce if I were him. Tulsa isn't a sleeping giant anymore...they're an old guy with Alzheimers.

Comment

Because if he's successful Wake can pay 3 million??
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  I'd bounce if I were him. Tulsa isn't a sleeping giant anymore...they're an old guy with Alzheimers.
                  For real....if he doesn't go it'll be a big mistake IMO.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If anyone wants to see how far Tulsa's support has fallen, scroll to page 6 of their media guide and look at their year-by-year home attendance over the prior 15 years. They've averaged less than 6,000 per game over that entire period, with a nadir around 4k during a winning season.

That span features 13 winning seasons and 2 losing ones, with 5 NCAA appearances and 3 NIT appearances. They have one sellout in the last six years.

It is a dying program. Just wait til they hit an actual rough patch, the Reynolds Center will be a tomb.
                    Last edited by Play Angry; April 2, 2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Fox Sports crawler just said Manning is going to meet with WF.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Why would Danny want to go to WF?

Three letters.

A. C. C.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Three letters.

A. C. C.
                          $ $ $
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            $ $ $
                            Those too!
                            The Assman

Comment

I believe his wife’s family resides in Wellington and that was one reason DM chose Tulsa and could remain there; on the other hand, that could be another reason to ‘fly the coop’. "Don't mess with happy?"
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X