Cuonzo Martin withdraws from Marquette coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuonzo Martin withdraws from Marquette coaching search

I kind of suprised he went back to Tennesse. I wouldn't blame him if he left, who the hell wants to coach with such a jerk fan base?

Did I miss something? Was the fanbase upset that he took them from the "outside looking in" to the Sweet 16? Sorry, I haven't quite been up to following basketball since last Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
      http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...aching-search/

I kind of suprised he went back to Tennesse. I wouldn't blame him if he left, who the hell wants to coach with such a jerk fan base?
      I agree, but your post assumes it was his choice not to accept the Marquette job. May or may not have been the case. He may have been told by Marquette that they would be going a different direction. That is the most likely scenario IMHO, but who knows for sure.

Comment

@Coach_Dawkins: Congrats to @steve_wojo on getting the job at Marquette-great hire!
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

WhoaJoeCowsSki?

Comment

Bruce Heartl said on Sports Daily this morning that their has been some contact between Wake Forest and Danny Manning regarding the WF opening.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              Did I miss something? Was the fanbase upset that he took them from the "outside looking in" to the Sweet 16? Sorry, I haven't quite been up to following basketball since last Sunday.
              Early in the season a good amount of the Vol "fans" signed a petition to bring Bruce Pearl back. If you really want to see a how classy some of their fan base is just check out their scout page and read about them bringing in HCGM as their new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                @Coach_Dawkins: Congrats to @steve_wojo on getting the job at Marquette-great hire!
                It will be interesting to see how he can handle recruiting at Marquette. No more showing up at the McDonald's AA game with a Duke jacket and stack of blank LOI's on your clipboard.

Comment

Early in the season a good amount of the Vol "fans" signed a petition to bring Bruce Pearl back. If you really want to see a how classy some of their fan base is just check out their scout page and read about them bringing in HCGM as their new coach.
                  They're still talking about wanting him out. They've poisoned the well. Same as UCLA and Indiana. God help is if our fan base ever turns this toxic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    It will be interesting to see how he can handle recruiting at Marquette. No more showing up at the McDonald's AA game with a Duke jacket and stack of blank LOI's on your clipboard.
                    I think recently the Duke 'tree' is doing ok...Amaker, Dawkins, even Collins...they can live on their own...but, yeah, it WILL be different for sure!

Comment

Allegedly there were 30,000 signatures on the grievance letter.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I stacked crap on Cuonzo as much as anybody on this board earlier in the season, but he definitely got his players going at the right time. He's a good coach.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I heard he lost out on Marquette because he called a timeout just as the AD was offering the job.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I heard he lost out on Marquette because he called a timeout just as the AD was offering the job.
                            Folks, that right there is message board humor executed to perfection!

Comment

Working...
                            X