I don't see a thread about final rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see a thread about final rankings

Forgive me if there is one.....but where in the chrystal ball do you see WSU ending up? I think it somewhat depends on Kentucky, but I would say 3-5.

Thoughts?

I agree with your prediction.

Comment

Hopefully top fifteen.

Remember, we finished #4 last season.
      The Assman

Comment

Top ten. But if Kentucky wins it all, I would hope that they would put us in 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Comment

I see the Final 4 teams ahead of us. Maybe Michigan and Arizona ahead of us as well. That would put us at 7th.

Comment

On the surface, this seems like a dumb question....but I was wondering about this:

If Kentucky beats Florida in a really close game Monday night, would Kentucky finish in the #1 spot?
            78-65

Comment

End of year polls put way too much weight on tournament performance. Sadly, I think WSU falls to 8th-9th.

Comment

7th is my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  End of year polls put way too much weight on tournament performance. Sadly, I think WSU falls to 8th-9th.
                  That's the dilemma with the Shockers. Their tournament performance was very good. We had the best performance of the four 1 vs 16 games with our domination of Cal Poly and we played even better, perhaps as good as anyone in the tournament so far, in the tough loss to Kentucky.

If Kentucky, had stumbled against Louisville or Michigan than the Shocks probably do fall further. At this point the Shocks are pretty much inextricably attached to how Kentucky does as to how they will be treated in the final poll. My guess is Kentucky has done enough at this point that the Shocks will be treated pretty well.

Comment

final four teams will be ranked over the shox. i'm guessing 6th or 7th.

Comment

Here is last years final poll. Gonzaga finished 12th, for reference.

Find the complete NCAAM Final Rankings rankings on ESPN. Includes the full votes and trend for the top 25 NCAAM teams.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        On the surface, this seems like a dumb question....but I was wondering about this:

If Kentucky beats Florida in a really close game Monday night, would Kentucky finish in the #1 spot?
                        Is this question for real ?

I would guess around 7th-8th for you guys. The Final 4 teams will probably be ranked 1-4 with the champion being #1
                        2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                        2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                        2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                        2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                        The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Move along, nothing to see here.

Who really cares where you are ranked after playing a tournament to determine a true winner?
                          Do you think there is actually a consolation prize for what some dumbass writer thinks about WSU's final position?

The season ended on March 16th and nothing after it matters.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Final rankings are just as terrible as pre-season rankings... Having said that, I'm guessing we get in the 8-10 range. We should still be in the top 5, but they usually put the Final Four teams first.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                              Who really cares where you are ranked after playing a tournament to determine a true winner?
                              Do you think there is actually a consolation prize for what some dumbass writer thinks about WSU's final position?

The season ended on March 16th and nothing after it matters.

That is all.
                              You're right. I would rather debate about if LeVelle Moton will accept the AC position for the 15th time with no new info. The season did end on March 16th, that's why we're talking about meaningless polls. It's the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X