Arizona Dismay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Dismay

Crowds on University Boulevard have disbanded after Tucson Police Department officers used force on rioting fans. Riot police formed a line across University Boulevard following the conclusion of the basketball game. Officers on motorcycles circled fans lined up along University Boulevard. Fans then began throwing smoke bombs, beer and other objects at the line of...

Sorta like storming the court in reverse.

Joy v. Dismay.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Nvm.

Comment

WTF?

Contrast Wisconsin's fans, who when learning of their victory the next morning in the paper… They smiled.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I kind of feel for Coach Miller and the Arizona team. They had a great year and did a good job overcoming adversity late in the year. But a segment of their fan base has certainly added a taint to an otherwise great season for Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I kind of feel for Coach Miller and the Arizona team. They had a great year and did a good job overcoming adversity late in the year. But a segment of their fan base has certainly added a taint to an otherwise great season for Arizona.
            AKA spoiled California kids.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

With our demographics we would have thrown our canes and dentures.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

What a bunch of tools.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I see some cops getting in trouble on that video.
                  They bum rushed the guy, threw an elbow into his head and then with 4 cops holding him you can see one throw a punch at his face.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    AKA spoiled California kids.
                    Failed Geography did you?

Comment

I think what wsushox was pointing out that arizona has a whole bunch of students from the state of california enrolled. Just like there are a bunch of students enrolled at colorado that are from california as well as the east coast. They are both seen as party schools and far enough away from mom and dad to suit both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Video is disappointing...didn't even show the coolest part, where the guy gets absolutely lit up with pepper balls, and hangs in there like a champ!

Comment

Originally posted by RampageWSU View Post
                          Video is disappointing...didn't even show the coolest part, where the guy gets absolutely lit up with pepper balls, and hangs in there like a champ!
                          They should have shot him in the gonads‎!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            They should have shot him in the gonads‎!

That can be as painful as a kick to the grapes.

Comment

I wasn't there and don't know what was going on. I would be interested to know if there was burning and looting or people being assaulted. Crowd control is difficult at best and never ends in a good way for either side. Not a good idea to provoke the law who carry more deadly weapons and by the same token not a good idea to provoke a much larger group of students that have been drinking. I think that whole thing could have been handled better by the police.

Comment

Working...
                              X