Bobby Knight on Mike and Mike . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Knight on Mike and Mike . . .

I have not read all of the posts here since yesterday morning, so this may be a repeat, but the General had an interesting take on M&M yesterday morning, Mike Greenberg asked Bobby who he thought the best team in the country is now, obviously meaning of the remaining 16. He said " I don't think you will like this answer, but I think the best team in the country is Wichita (he never says Wichita State)". Then he gave the reasons you would expect him to. Greenberg asked him what would say to their detractors who say this is the first real team they had to play. He said "If they really know basketball and have seen just one practice or one game of this team, they would not say that." He then finished by saying "We may have just watched the real national championship game on Sunday for this year." I think he may be right.
    Last edited by Rixtoy1; March 26, 2014, 05:14 AM.
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
    I have not read all of the posts here since yesterday morning, so this may be a repeat, but the General had an interesting take on M&M yesterday morning, Mike Greenberg asked Bobby who he thought the best team in the country is now, obviously meaning of the remaining 16. He said " I don't think you will like this answer, but I think the best team in the country is Wichita (he never says Wichita State)". Then he gave the reasons you would expect him to. Greenberg asked him what would say to their detractors who say this is the first real team they had to play. He said "If they really know basketball and have seen just one practice or one game of this team, they would not say that." He then finished by saying "We may have just watched the real national championship game on Sunday for this year." I think he may be right.
    And he has no respect for Calipari, based on his blunt criticism of Cal's teams having to vacate results several times, but I think he admired Kentucky's play on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
    X