Coaches Show Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Show Tonight

Well, the coaches show is still on KNSS programming schedule, so I'll assume it' still going to be on. I'm sure it will be a bit somber, along with plenty of congratulatory comments, but maybe it will help Shocker fans bring some closure to this season. Mike Kennedy usually does a pretty good job with interviews and Coach Marshall tells it like it is with a minimum of typical coach-speak. Worth tuning in to listen, I think.

Or showing up to for those that live in or near ICT

Comment

I'm hoping he gets the seniors but I understand if they can't. That would be a zoo.

Comment

Good show. Coach mentioned Bill Parcells called him today and wanted to do something special for the team. Also, said he has a list of coaches he will reach out to for Coach Jans' position and that we probably won't be playing Bowling Green anytime soon.

Comment

He also said it would take him a couple of days, maybe up to 2 weeks, to de-compress from all this and get in gear for next season. On the other hand, if any returning players needed him to have a basketball workout in the gym, even tonight, he would be there. (Under the rules they are allowed to practice until the end of the NCAA tournament.) This guy's motivation is steadfast.

Comment

"I hate hiring coaches, because you just end up making enemies. And I don't need any help doing that."

Among all the seriousness, congratulations, and sadness, this was easily my favorite single line from the show, and the part that had me laughing. I apologize if I butchered the exact quote by summing it up, but the point remains.

Comment

Also said Cle will be participating in the dunk contest in Dallas

Comment

Always good to hear Dennis to end the season

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
                  Good show. Coach mentioned Bill Parcells called him today and wanted to do something special for the team. Also, said he has a list of coaches he will reach out to for Coach Jans' position and that we probably won't be playing Bowling Green anytime soon.
                  Bill Parcells! HCGM just keeps solidifying all of Shocker Nation into a big family.

Comment

the call-ins were top notch tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShox25 View Post
                      Can we replace Jans with some kind of combination of The Big Dog, "X" and Bill Parcells?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Can we replace Jans with some kind of combination of The Big Dog, "X" and Bill Parcells?
                        Maybe that is why Bob Knight was at practice. Getting a taste for his future gig ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Maybe that is why Bob Knight was at practice. Getting a taste for his future gig ;)
                          One alpha dog at a time is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            Bill Parcells! HCGM just keeps solidifying all of Shocker Nation into a big family.
                            If I'm not mistaken, Bill Parcells attended Wichita State, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
                              If I'm not mistaken, Bill Parcells attended Wichita State, right?
                              Yes he did. Jimmy Johnson coached here for a year as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X