Congrats from a UK Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats from a UK Fan

Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great season. This was a game that should have never been played this early and I really wish it would have been a Final Four game instead of second round. Your coach and players were nothing but class all season long and if Kentucky hadn't made it as far as they have I would have pulled for Wichita to continue to go undefeated.

I'd like to see a rubber match in the near future as well. I think it would benefit both teams if Cal and Marshall would get together on a home and home/neutral site series. The SEC isn't much of a basketball conference and Kentucky and Wichita playing each other would only help both teams come March.

Again, congrats on a great season. 35 straight wins is an amazing accomplishment in today's realm of college basketball.

This was at least final 4 quality game. At least this game made up for all the garbage games from this year's tournament.

Comment

Would love to play again. See what you can do about that!

Congratulations. Steamroll the field.

Thanks for stopping by.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

Thanks for stopping by.
        Again I second jocoshock
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

Thanks for stopping by.
          I'd love to have seen you guys replace Baylor but it looks like we're doing another series similar to the Champions Classic next season with UCLA, UNC, and Ohio State.

One game in Rupp, another in St Louis or KC. Somewhere your fans can travel and would likely sell more than Koch Arena. Given your guy's problems mentioned during the K-State game getting the other two schools from Kansas to schedule you guys, it would be a nice consolation prize in a way to play UK. :)

As for the game, if the game had been played three weeks ago Wichita would have won by 20 and I don't think any "logical" UK fan would argue that. UK had the physical talent (length and size) to be a nightmare matchup for Wichita, but what they lacked was overall chemistry and the ability to play a full 40 minutes of consistent basketball. The selection committee did the same thing to Ohio State two years ago by underseeding UK and putting them with the best team in the field. The Midwest bracket this year for Wichita was just downright cruel.

Hopefully we can avenge your loss to Little Brother U next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WVWildcat View Post
            I'd love to have seen you guys replace Baylor but it looks like we're doing another series similar to the Champions Classic next season with UCLA, UNC, and Ohio State.

One game in Rupp, another in St Louis or KC. Somewhere your fans can travel and would likely sell more than Koch Arena. Given your guy's problems mentioned during the K-State game getting the other two schools from Kansas to schedule you guys, it would be a nice consolation prize in a way to play UK. :)

As for the game, if the game had been played three weeks ago Wichita would have won by 20 and I don't think any "logical" UK fan would argue that. UK had the physical talent (length and size) to be a nightmare matchup for Wichita, but what they lacked was overall chemistry and the ability to play a full 40 minutes of consistent basketball. The selection committee did the same thing to Ohio State two years ago by underseeding UK and putting them with the best team in the field. The Midwest bracket this year for Wichita was just downright cruel.

Hopefully we can avenge your loss to Little Brother U next weekend.
            A game against Kentucky in KC would be pretty sweet. About 7000 Shocker fans drove to KC this year to see WSU play BYU on a week night. I think the crowd would be very huge for a game against Kentucky especially if it were played on a weekend. And in Ku's backyard, that would make it extra sweet.

Comment

sadly, calipari wouldn't agree to it, although he absolutely should. no shame in losing to the shockers.

wichita state takes it all next year.

FRED VAN VLEET. remember that name, uk or ul fans.

Comment

With the WSU-UK game drawing the best tv ratings of any round of 32 game in over 20 years, maybe CBS or espn can help make a series happen.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  With the WSU-UK game drawing the best tv ratings of any round of 32 game in over 20 years, maybe CBS or espn can help make a series happen.
                  I'm not so sure. I recall Marshall saying that Obama would have to give an executive order for that to happen. However, those were awesome ratings...
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    Being undefeated and playing Kentucky in the NCAA is a good mix for ratings. A regular season game may not produce the same results, but I am sure the ratings would still be better than most regular season games.
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Kentucky-WSU series ---- not gonna happen. You really think UK wants any more of us? They barely escaped last time.

Comment

TV can do remarkable things, 21 -- Kentucky played a pretty weak nonconference schedule (including only one true road game), but they did face Michigan State in what was then a #1 vs. #2 battle in the Champions Classic in Chicago.

Get a network involved with a good payday, maybe in KC or St. Louis, and who knows? At this point the world realizes that beating WSU would be a resume-type win, the kind that moves you up in the seeding come March, and losing would be one of those quality losses certain goofball pundits love.

Comment

Look at this tweet. Ignoring their celebration, its crazy, almost like we are some kind of Blue Blood.

Kentucky Athletics @
                          KentuckyFanPage
                          · Kansas, Duke, UNC, Wichita State, and Louisville are all out of the tournament. Kentucky is still in and they're moving on to the Elite 8!

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                            Look at this tweet. Ignoring their celebration, its crazy, almost like we are some kind of Blue Blood.

Kentucky Athletics @
                            KentuckyFanPage
                            · Kansas, Duke, UNC, Wichita State, and Louisville are all out of the tournament. Kentucky is still in and they're moving on to the Elite 8!
                            Haha.. Very interesting.

Comment

Hello Shocker fans, I want to congratulate you on an excellent season. In my opinion, WSU and Florida were the two best teams we faced all season. We were fortunate to win against your team. I haven't witnessed a better played game this season by anyone.<br>I read a news clipping from a Lexington paper from Shocker fans thanking the many UK fans who had written Coach Marshall in praise of what a great team he has and the respect we have for your program. It is so much enjoyment watching a team play with such great fundamentals and within the team spirit.<br>The seeding committee really hosed both of our teams and we should never have met that early.<br>If Coach Marshall continues to have this quality of teams, you are equal to or better than the blue-bloods. Good luck in the future and I hope Kansas, Kansas St and others have the courage to schedule the Shockers. I hope Coach Calipari does as well.&nbsp;

Comment

Working...
                              X