We got jobbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got jobbed

Ken Pom has kentucky as an arguable 2 seed clear 3 seed. Louisville as a 1 seed.

They got what they wanted. a Kentucky Lousiville showdown in the 16 less than a 2 hour drive form both campus....

**** the BCS.

Don't start with this nonsense. We had them one the ropes and didn't finish. One hell of a season.

Comment

Next year will be better. This'll fire up coach and the team to new levels.

Comment

The purity of sport has been long gone. I don't necessarily think we jobbed in today's game....but yeah...the bracket was absolutely money driven. Fast lane and slow lane. Coach Marshall knows of which he speaks...
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I disagree. We absolutely got the kind of game we wanted. Unfortunately we fell a gnat's eyelash short of a win. No complaints, no excuses, no bitching.

Kentucky played very, very well and they had to pull out the win. Did they get a favorable whistle. Perhaps so. But those things happen and you just have to overcome. The Shocks gave it their all and just came up ever so slightly short. That is sports. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

What we are sitting on at this point is the two best back-to-back seasons in school history with plenty of talent and toughness coming back next year and don't think these guys can't take their motivation meters to another level.

Go Shocks.

Comment

Kentucky is a 3 seed according to KENPOM

Comment

We didn't get jobbed. Nothing is given. We were good enough to take everything, but we just didn't get it done.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The time for this thread was a week ago, not today. STFU
                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

What Kentucky AND the Shocks did today was to post the standard for this tournament in terms of excellence of play, fight and determination.

Top it, if you can, but we may have just witnessed the Game of the Tournament.

Comment

It was wsu game to win, but failed layups, missed dunks and missed FTs doomed wsu, not some conspiracy. U would also say that wsu probably used up some of their luck going to 35-0 because there was some bad luck things. But u change one of those things - wsu wins.

Comment

I look at this as a positive - we brought it today. We didn't start off slow and the whole game was a burn burner. It was one the best games I've ever seen. Certainly made up for a couple of yesterday's games.

Comment

There have been some real stinkers in this tournament. This game was played at the highest of levels by both teams One very, very, very, very good college basketball team is finished for the year. Sadly it was our beloved Shockers. While it is natural to be feeling some sadness and perhaps a little anger here and there something is wrong with you if the strongest emotion you are feeling today isn't pride in our great Shocker basketball program and team.

Go Shocks!

Comment

I do think the committee jobbed you guys, but not to put UK/UofL in Indy. If they wanted that, they wouldn't have given UK and UofL an #8 and #4 seed respectively. I thought the committee screwed up a lot of things this year, but you guys got the worst of it, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X