Shocks Arrival at Koch Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Arrival at Koch Arena

Please post here if you have any information regarding when the Shocks will arrive at Koch Arena tonight.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they used a Southwest Airlines charter there, and I see one a SW charter schedule to leave Lambert Field at 8 pm. My guess is that this is likely to be Shocker One coming home. Here is the link: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8049

8 pm departure would mean landing at about 9 pm, then at least 30-45 minutes before the bus would get back to the arena. 9:30-10:00 pm arrival would be my guess.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sounds good. I'll put Debbie to bed and head on over to greet the Greatest WSU Basketball Team ever.

Comment

Senora Rio is so bummed out and bitter, she ain't talking.

If she ever catches up with Gottlieb, then he will be in deep do-do.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          Senora Rio is so bummed out and bitter, she ain't talking.

If she ever catches up with Gottlieb, then he will be in deep do-do.
          Tell the good Senora not to let the ramblings of a horrible human being to effect her life. She is better than Gottlieb and a stronger person than that.

Comment

Presuming that the flight I linked is the correct one, they are airborne right now, schedule to land shortly after 9 pm.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Per KWCH:

We've received several questions from fans wanting to know when the Shockers will be back in Wichita.
              At this point, all we've been told is, "sometime after mid-night." We don't have a specific time when the plane will land, or when to expect the coaches and players back at Koch Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                Per KWCH:

We've received several questions from fans wanting to know when the Shockers will be back in Wichita.
                At this point, all we've been told is, "sometime after mid-night." We don't have a specific time when the plane will land, or when to expect the coaches and players back at Koch Arena.
                That actually makes a little more sense to me if you take into account the media demands after the game and the fact that they probably wanted to take the guys out for a real nice dinner before heading home. Perhaps a little too late for these old bones. Hopefully, ADES will put together a pep rally so we can honor this team appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Sounds good. I'll put Debbie to bed and head on over to greet the Greatest WSU Basketball Team ever.
                  brief hijack, but we have continued to pray for you and your wife...God bless!

Comment

@KWCH12: The #Shockers plane is on its way home. Scheduled to arrive at @FlyICT at 12:19 a.m. #kwch12 #watchus

m.twitter.com/KWCH12
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Anyone make it out to welcome the team home? I wanted to drive down from KC but couldn't get the time off at short notice.

Comment

I was in no shape to drive anywhere last night

Comment

Damn! See. This is what sucks!!! The unbelievable season that goes out with a whimper. No way to greet the team and let them know how much we love them. 2006 ICT scene was epic. Coming home after beating Tenn. But this season blows that season out of the water. Yet we are left with expressing ourselves on social media.

I want these guys to know they took us on the greatest ride this city has ever been on. They are so special.

Comment

They better plan something at CKA so we can express our gratitude. Hear that SN spies?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              They better plan something at CKA so we can express our gratitude. Hear that SN spies?
                              Not among the SN spies, but I did send an e-mail to Eric Sexton suggesting that Shocker fans would appreciate on final opportunity to show how much we love and appreciate this Shocker team. In fact, I suggested the Lady Shocks be included. A combined 61 wins and 2 NCAA appearances for those two teams this year. That is a standard that will be very, very difficult to surpass.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                              X