Hello from Lexington, KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Lexington, KY

Hello, Shocker fans! Lifelong UK fan here, just congratulating you guys on an incredible season so far. Obviously I hope UK wins tomorrow, but if we don't, I am 100% rooting for a Florida/Wichita State championship game. I'd prefer the SEC team win the title, but it'd be a great story for college basketball if you guys can complete the perfect season also.

As a fan of all college basketball, I've had the privilege of watching several WSU games. You guys are extremely well coached and have a really enjoyable team to watch. I enjoy your team so much, I was hoping we would be on the opposite side of the bracket from you, just so both our seasons could continue for as long as possible. But unfortunately, one must end tomorrow. Here's hoping for an injury-free and exciting game that's decided by the players on the floor. Regardless of outcome, I'll be back to either congratulate you on the great season or cheer you on the rest of the way.

@TerryM1963 #BBN

Originally posted by Blue63Madison View Post
    Hello, Shocker fans! Lifelong UK fan here, just congratulating you guys on an incredible season so far. Obviously I hope UK wins tomorrow, but if we don't, I am 100% rooting for a Florida/Wichita State championship game. I'd prefer the SEC team win the title, but it'd be a great story for college basketball if you guys can complete the perfect season also.

As a fan of all college basketball, I've had the privilege of watching several WSU games. You guys are extremely well coached and have a really enjoyable team to watch. I enjoy your team so much, I was hoping we would be on the opposite side of the bracket from you, just so both our seasons could continue for as long as possible. But unfortunately, one must end tomorrow. Here's hoping for an injury-free and exciting game that's decided by the players on the floor. Regardless of outcome, I'll be back to either congratulate you on the great season or cheer you on the rest of the way.

@TerryM1963 #BBN
    Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Damn good post.

Wishing you guys a much more successful 2014/2015 season and that next year we meet much later in the tournament.

Comment

yeah, next year, let's meet in, say, the final four.

dan issel is my favorite wildcat.

Comment

Fun fact: 95% of UK fans are ignorant, inbred hillbillies. If you guys beat them expect your board to be infested with that sort. This guy seems ok though.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the welcome and the opportunity to post here.

This is, IMO, the most intriguing Round of 32 match-up in years. It has everything a basketball fan could want. Obviously, the big draw is the fact you guys are undefeated. Also though, it's the perfect example of experience versus youth, and for a lot of the country's basketball fans, it's a battle of old school basketball powerhouse versus the new kids on the block. Me personally, I don't consider you guys "new" at all. I know about the Wichita State basketball tradition. I'm old enough to remember Antoine Carr. And Cliff Levingston. And Xavier McDaniel. A lot of great players have passed through the WSU basketball program, and that obviously continues today.

I don't know how this game will go, but I definitely consider you guys more of a favorite than Vegas sees it. Kentucky is playing their best basketball at the right time, especially on the defensive end, but you can't ignore the fact we still start five freshmen. They were already the best rebounding team in the country, but when the young guys figured out how to play defense for 40 minutes in the SEC Tournament, it seems a light came on for them. The biggest issues for this UK team are shooting and turnovers. The turnover problem has improved a lot over the past month or so, but the shooting woes continue to be a major issue. If we shoot 50% or better, I don't think anyone can beat us. The problem is, we rarely ever shoot that well, and usually shoot far far under that mark.

So I'll go with FG% as the deciding factor in tomorrow's game. If UK shoots 45% or better from the field, I think we win. If we shoot under 40%, as we have several times, then I don't like our chances. Anything in between and it's a toss-up. Good luck again, guys. I'm anticipating this one so much, I wish we were playing tonight just so we could get it over with, haha.

@TerryM1963 #BBN

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalfan123 View Post
                Fun fact: 95% of UK fans are ignorant, inbred hillbillies. If you guys beat them expect your board to be infested with that sort. This guy seems ok though.
                Classic uavell fan.

Comment

Can we please avoid a flame war between fans of teams that doesn't involve WSU?

Thanks.

Comment

Well, I said if UK shoots 45% or better, I think we'll win. We're shooting 54% at the half and trailing by 6. I would say you guys are really good, but I already knew that. If my Wildcats don't play better D in the second half, this could get ugly.

Comment

I just want to thank you guys for one of the greatest NCAA tournament games I've ever seen. That game was an instant classic, and likely the highlight of this entire tournament. This one deserved to be played in a later round, not in the Round of 32. Just know that you lost on the day this young UK team played their best game of the year. It took everything UK had, and some great shooting too, from the field and the free throw line, to beat Wichita State. Like I said before, I hated when the brackets were announced, because I wanted to see both of our teams keep winning. Your team and your fans seem like pure class, and I'm sure both schools' fans will remember this one for a long time. God Bless and and good luck next year, and thank you again for allowing an opposing fan to post on your site.

Comment

Working...
                      X