Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri Valley asks four cities, including KC, for proposals to hold its tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Valley asks four cities, including KC, for proposals to hold its tournament

http://m.kansascity.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2F15988409%2F29850671

The Missouri Valley Conference has sent out requests for proposals to four cities, including Kansas City, to hold its men’s basketball tournament beginning in 2016.

The other cities invited to bid for the tournament: St. Louis, the event’s long time home, Chicago and Las Vegas. The conference, looking for sites through 2020, could make an announcement by June 30.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/20/4904418/missouri-valley-asks-four-cities.html
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

SCREW KC!!! VEGAS BABY!!!
    The Assman

Comment

why on earth would it be in vegas, thats so far away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShockersOfWichitaState View Post
        why on earth would it be in vegas, thats so far away.
        Because it's Vegas
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          SCREW KC!!! VEGAS BABY!!!
          We'd only be the 5th conference tournament being played there in a week span.

While I like Vegas, it's KC or bust.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            We'd only be the 5th conference tournament being played there in a week span.

While I like Vegas, it's KC or bust.
            I know the MWC plays at the Thomas&Mack and PAC12 plays at the MGM Grand the weekend after the MVC.

What other conferences play ther tourements there?
            The Assman

Comment

Dollar to a donut it ends in Chicago

Comment

I like St. Louis well enough, but the only things it really has going for it in terms of keeping the Valley tournament is (1) tradition and (2) the name "Arch" Madness.

Kansas City's arena is newer, nicer, and is surrounded by more amenities than Scottrade could even dream of.

If it was a fair game, I don't think it would really be close.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                  Dollar to a donut it ends in Chicago
                  Need to focus on what's best for the conference.

Think how much money the conference members could save for football with the quick bus trip to Chicago. Wouldn't even have to pay for hotel rooms.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I'd love to see it in KC. It's a lot closer for Shocker fans and lets face it Shockers travel better and being in KC would bring more out

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      I know the MWC plays at the Thomas&Mack and PAC12 plays at the MGM Grand the weekend after the MVC.

What other conferences play ther tourements there?
                      West Coast Conf

Comment

WAC also

Comment

Vegas?? Haha. Whatever.

I just want to see their proposal and having it in some ballroom like a pre season tourney in the islands.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            Need to focus on what's best for the conference.

Think how much money the conference members could save for football with the quick bus trip to Chicago. Wouldn't even have to pay for hotel rooms.
                            What's best for the conference is whatever it takes to keep WSU in it.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I want it in Vegas a million times more than those other cities but is the MVC really expecting any bargaining power with Vegas? Like Vegas gives a crap about the 2000 Shocker fans you can cram on Allegiant and Southwest over a 4 day period. Vegas probably emailed the MVC back a travel brochure. The MVC is only hoping for KC's bid being slightly worse than St. Louis so the MVC doesn't have to move it.

Comment

Working...
                              X