Luke Hancock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
    I have watched most of Louisville's games this year. Luke is a good player. However, he flops with the best of them and is known for shot fakes and jumping into a defender to draw a foul. If his defender does not leave his feet, Luke is not very effective at drawing fouls. He can get on a roll from behind the arc and is then a very good offensive threat.
    Definitely. We'll have to play great defense if we play the Card in the Sweet 16.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I have watched most of Louisville's games this year. Luke is a good player. However, he flops with the best of them and is known for shot fakes and jumping into a defender to draw a foul. If his defender does not leave his feet, Luke is not very effective at drawing fouls. He can get on a roll from behind the arc and is then a very good offensive threat.
      I've said this many times "do NOT leave your feet and he can't hit shooting over you. He will draw the foul or get frustrated and turn it over."

Comment

It's a Greek tragedy that the refs decide a game like that last night and give it to Pitino. Kids deserve better than that. It's all everyone is talking about here. I mean even the UL fans are admitting it. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Slam21 View Post
          I've said this many times "do NOT leave your feet and he can't hit shooting over you. He will draw the foul or get frustrated and turn it over."
          Oh yes, we're all quite familiar with what he does. You would have laughed at how many times I heard someone scream "stop jumping at his pump fakes" when we played them last year. I don't think that it will be a problem this time around. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
            Oh yes, we're all quite familiar with what he does. You would have laughed at how many times I heard someone scream "stop jumping at his pump fakes" when we played them last year. I don't think that it will be a problem this time around. :)
            Make it happen cap'n. And let Harrell shoot them elbow shots. Sag off in the paint when catches at the free throw line and hope he shoots it.

By the way, it was Russ Smith who helped Manhattan the most. The refs bailed him out time and time again.

Comment

By the way, it was Russ Smith who helped Manhattan the most. The refs bailed him out time and time again.
              All Manhattan had to do was make their free throws.
              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                All Manhattan had to do was make their free throws.
                If it was called right they would have had an extra 20 to shoot. Damn shame. UL is not the same without Behanan (puff puff pass) and Siva.

Comment

If it was called right they would have had an extra 20 to shoot. Damn shame. UL is not the same without Behanan (puff puff pass) and Siva.
                  This has been my thought all along. While many are saying we can get past UK but not Louisville I can't help but see that this team is not as good as they were last year without Siva and Cheech.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                    This has been my thought all along. While many are saying we can get past UK but not Louisville I can't help but see that this team is not as good as they were last year without Siva and Cheech.
                    I think almost everyone would agree (even the national media) that Louisville is not quite as good as last year, and WSU is a little better than last year. Somewhere in there they used some funny math to make Louisville the favorites in a potential matchup with WSU.

Hopefully we'll find out. A full weekend of work to do before any of it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                      UK will pose a greater threat to WSU then UL. WSU matches up better with UL if the refs call it right.

Comment

Hmm. Sounds like a certain BIG EAST player.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Did not see Louisville play last night but watched them earlier in the Season. They are solid and very capable. However, IMO, they are not as good as they were last Season.

As far as calls, in our loss to Louisville last Season, there were 2 unbelievable calls that really impacted our game to the favor of Louisville. The first call was when Baker got mauled and popped in the face twice on the way down and the Announcers believed it would be a flagrant call against their player (maybe #44- Stephan Van Tresse?). Instead, an unbeliveable double foul was called on that play. Next, Carl Hall jumped straight up to catch an inbounds pass to him and was knocked back and down which I always thought was a sure foul call? Nope!!! This allowed Louisville to steal the ball with Hall laying on the court as Louisville got an easy uncontended lay-up for their first lead after being down up to 12 points much of the 2nd half. Wow!!! Louisville was both very good and got some breaks on calls to win it all. We gave them their toughest game of the Dance last Season IMO. There were other factors that occurred that we did have control over that was not executed or we still could have won that game, even with these two poor calls.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Hmm. Sounds like a certain BIG EAST player.
                            I feel bad for you. The torture!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                              I feel bad for you. The torture!
                              It's like clockwork.

Anybody that mentions BIG EAST, Creighton, Omaha, or Dougy and in 2 seconds, here you are.

Go back to the Blowjay Cafe or a UMKC board, you trolling POS.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Luke Hancock.........Has a fat Mom. Not a joke, she really needs to mix in a salad

Comment

Working...
                                X