***UNOFFICIAL Texas Southern vs. Cal Poly Game Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***UNOFFICIAL Texas Southern vs. Cal Poly Game Thread***

The thread can't be "OFFICIAL" 'cause it's not a WSU game.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Both teams shooting it very, very well.

Murry is big.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Murry is STUD, but there's not much D being played on either end.

Comment

Signs of the quality Big West: On March 8, Cal Poly lost to UC Santa Barbara by 16 points. Just 5 days later Cal Poly destroyed UCSB by 31 points. Cal Poly is terrible at shooting (319th overall), offensive rebounding (297th), defensive rebounding (327th), and blocks (276th). They are seemingly good at nothing.

Texas Southern on the other hand isn't a terrible shooting or rebounding team.

I'm predicting a Texas Southern win. Maybe...69-55 final.

Comment

Originally posted by coran13 View Post
          They are seemingly good at nothing.
          I laughed out loud real hard at this.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Just looking at Murray's history, he played for La Salle for two years, then transferred to West Virginia, where he played his junior year. I was under the impression that a player could only play for 2 Division I teams, like when A.J. Hawkins decided to leave, he had to go down to a D2 school. Is this different for Murray because he was kicked off of West Virginia's team and it wasn't voluntary?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
              Just looking at Murray's history, he played for La Salle for two years, then transferred to West Virginia, where he played his junior year. I was under the impression that a player could only play for 2 Division I teams, like when A.J. Hawkins decided to leave, he had to go down to a D2 school. Is this different for Murray because he was kicked off of West Virginia's team and it wasn't voluntary?
              AJ Hawkins left the NCAA entirely and went to NAIA OBU where he won them the NAIA Nat'l Championship
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Cal Poly's coach said in an interview recently that if they can run the table and win the National Championship his team would have a winning record overall this year. From 13-19 to 20-19.

It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Comment

Texas Southern looking overly flustered already.

Comment

Here's the deal @forevershockerfan:. Texas southern is playing cal poly to decide who the shockers must play Friday.

Watching this game will be like pulling hens teeth as we attempt to size up our potential opponent who in all likelihood will be overmatched by the three headed beast +4 horsemen on an end-times mission.

These two play in 16 seeds who must still be respected need not venture any further than Friday. Watching them Duke it out in solidarity with our coaching staff is a must and to make other plans tonight would be a Cardinal sin for any true Shocker fan. No matter which of the many Wildcats we will face shortly thereafter, we must lay the groundwork to advance by scouting appropriately tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                      I see nothing that is a major cause for consternation out of either team yet.
                      Having to play the Shockers in the next round? :)

Comment

That 319th rated shooting team (Cal Poly) is hitting 57.1% from 3 and 59.1% overall.

Comment

Texas Southern is horrible at boxing out. Right now it doesn't look like scouting TS will be needed. CP took Murry off his gme, and TS doesn't seem to have anything else.

Comment

Texas Southern appears defeated and isn't even putting up a fight on defense.

Comment

What channel is airing the game guys?

Comment

Working...
                              X