Ticket Office Debacle for the NCAA Tournament Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Office Debacle for the NCAA Tournament Tickets

Sorry guys, don't post often, just when I find out about something I'd like to share that others might like to know about...such as when I was the first to break our Tennessee and Alabama series a couple years ago. Anyway...

As I've seen from multipule posts on here I know many of you have experienced problems with the ticket office this year for NCAA tournament tickets. The major problem people are running into is the fact that for some reason they decided to put strict restrictions on who can pick up tickets. Let me preface by saying I was not affected by any of this and purchased my own tickets through Ticketmaster months ago. Anyway, this is affecting a lot of families who perhaps have an elderly family member who continues to make donations to the university for the simple fact that the younger generation can enjoy the benefits of their contributions...or maybe a business owner who rewards employees by allowing them to use tickets for MVC tournament or NCAA tournament.

Anyway, many of you were rudely introduced to this new rule this year...which very few other schools follow. I'll just cut straight to the point. The ticket office has been playing favorites with certain people. A lot of people were allowed to do name changes. And despite what they tell you over the phone multiple individuals were allowed to order more than the 4 ticket max placed on orders and allowed to change names. One example, last name Taylor, was allowed to purchase 12 tickets and did a name change. Another example, last name Steven (yeah from that Steven family we all know and love), was allowed to do a name change. I could go on with lesser known people and smaller donors but if anyone from the ticket office reads this, they'll know my info is legit. My wife personally knows a large number of higher up donors to SASO and for some reason they told some of them NO and others YES (does the ticket office not realize these people talk to one another?). This is pissing off a fair number of donors and will be interested to see if it affects future donations to SASO. I know of at least 2 individuals who took their fight to ADES and were granted permission to change names.

So anyway I told my wife to tell her people to make sure the ticket office understands their dissatisfaction with the new rule and thought I would post it here as well..as I know many of you use a grandparent or parent's priority to attend games. If they want to have that rule, so be it, just make sure it's the same for all of us...and allowing certain donors to get 12 tickets when there is such a limited number bumping out others is just as much BS.

Funny you say that a buddy of mine didn't come because the ticket office didn't allow him to use his grandma's tickets...yet here in St Louis I've talked to a handful of fans who were allowed to pick up tickets for others...

Comment

Things that make you go hmmmmmm........

Comment

I have heard that too.
        QTSHOCK

Comment

Yes, I feel this is going to cost the university. Long time, major donors were screwed over and it is likely that certain estates will no longer be given to the university. Very short sighted behavior.

Comment

I ran into this same problem in Tempe a few years back when I attended a uh-mmmm Kansas~Santa Clara game. Worked out well but man I had to pull some strings. Wound up sitting next to Steve Nash. Lol
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

They do it for security reasons, especially in highly-scalped situations.

I agree that if they do it for one person, they should do it for everybody. If they make it a rule, make it for EVERYBODY. If not, then don't. Quite simple.

That's another brown stain on the athletic department, which have had their fair share this year.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Look I understand the frustration. Let's say I'm a corporate donor with 8 tickets. I go most of the time and take others. Who is allowed in my company to pick up the tickets? I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

If I can't go but my VP can, can he pick up the tickets?

Comment

I'm interested to know what my mid 5 figure yearly commitment allows me. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I'm interested to know what my mid 5 figure yearly commitment allows me. Thanks
                      If you are contributing $50,000 per year why would you be wasting your time dealing with ticket office personnel.

Comment

Start there like everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Start there like everyone else
                          I doubt that is like everyone else who gives $50,000 per year.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 21, 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

It's easy to say "since I can't go, can my VP go" when discussing the $50,000 donor vs the $1,000 donor, but what about the $25,000 donor who doesn't get tix because your "VP" is using your tix?

Comment

My friend's grandma has donated 6 figures so I have no idea why they were turned away when others were allowed to.

Comment

Working...
                              X