Shockers on Fallon tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers on Fallon tonight?

Not quite sure how to read this. Are they really going to be on or are they just teasing with the video?

GoShockers @GoShockers:
    Shockers meet @FallonTonight in our own #MeanTweets segment with men's and women's basketball players youtube.com/watch?v=JI2xX6… #WATCHUS

I took it as they did a spin on one of Fallon's bits for fun.

Regardless pretty funny.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Celebrities Reading Mean Tweets is Kimmel.

Also, Fallon last night mentioned the shockers in the monologue. Said they'd be the first team to be 34-0 entering the NCAA tournament. Said something along the lines of, "When asked how they continue to focus on every game, the shockers said, 'we're in Wichita...'"

Edit: I think the person above me is right, though. I think the person who tweeted it just got it wrong.

Comment

“And this is cool, Wichita State will become the first undefeated team in 23 years to enter the NCAA tournament. Yep, when asked how they remain so focused on winning, they said ‘we play in Wichita, not many distractions here.’”

That was Jimmy Fallon’s comical jab at Wichita on last night’s airing of The Tonight Show.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulStar View Post
          “And this is cool, Wichita State will become the first undefeated team in 23 years to enter the NCAA tournament. Yep, when asked how they remain so focused on winning, they said ‘we play in Wichita, not many distractions here.’”

That was Jimmy Fallon’s comical jab at Wichita on last night’s airing of The Tonight Show.

http://ksn.com/2014/03/18/wichitawesome/
          Jimmy has not seen the WSU Volleyball team....

Comment

Probably because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulStar View Post

http://ksn.com/2014/03/18/wichitawesome/
              Would anyone like to let KSN know that part of the reason Cleanthony Early came to WSU was because there weren't a lot of distractions? I'd just prefer the EastCoasters not know how great it is here. They'd just ruin it.

Ok, so some nameless, faceless writer made a flyover country joke. Good for him.

Not to derail the thread but a little personal anecdote. A guy from the east coast (Maryland) came to work at my employer last year. He talked about how much he disliked the typical east coast personna, always changing jobs and trying to one-up their co-workers. So what happened? He wasn't half as good a software developer as he thought he was, acted as if he were better than us, bragged about how much their new furniture cost, and was gone within months. According to him (we found his twitter), we were an awful, podunk company and he was soooo glad to be gone. And to top it off, the way he resigned was by sending an email on a Monday morning to our boss. He stayed late the previous Friday and cleaned out his desk while no one else was there. Didn't have the gnads to resign in person or give two-weeks notice. That's my experience with an "East Coaster".

Comment

It's a video of them reading mean tweets people say about them. Lol it's on one of the shocker Facebook pages now

Comment

Fallon who? Leno will be back within a year. Book it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                    Not a WAY in the world!

Comment

Laugh tracks are never funny.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                        Jay Leno has screwed too many other people in the media over. He's not getting another chance.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                        X