• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Illustrated Cover with Tekele

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Nice! Cool having AC and X on there.

Comment

no jinx. no jinx. no jinx.

strange that the haters act as though wichita state has no history prior to last year.

Comment

Is that really 3 SI covers in the span of one year? Regional or not, I don't care. I could've sworn that I heard that SI covers just don't happen in the MVC :D

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniShocker View Post
          Is that really 3 SI covers in the span of one year? Regional or not, I don't care. I could've sworn that I heard that SI covers just don't happen in the MVC :D
          They don't "just happen" in the MVC. You actually have to do something to earn them. Some teams are capable of doing that.

Comment

How cool. I love that they put some fans on there too- that is awesome for those kids.

Comment

Anyone know if this is just regional again?

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Definitely.

Comment

That is really cool.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                    Yeah, it's 1 of 6 different covers. I think the others are Florida, Arizona, Syracuse, Michigan State, and UConn women.

I'm not sure how far in advance these had to be done, but I can already hear cranky Virginia fans.

Comment

Here's a link to all four covers, which are somewhat interactive.

Comment

Tekele has a great smile. We don't see it much, because he is so serious when he's killing someone's field goal percentage.

Comment

Man I swear Olivia (red head with the hat next to cotton) gets as much publicity as the team haha. They show her on tv 3-4 times every game, she was in one of the pictures on the main page of espn, and now the cover of a si

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            Man I swear Olivia (red head with the hat next to cotton) gets as much publicity as the team haha. They show her on tv 3-4 times every game, she was in one of the pictures on the main page of espn, and now the cover of a si
                            Nothin wrong with a little ginger action

Comment

Our last cover was just one of two (the other one was Duke). Three SI covers in one year. We hadn't been on the cover 3 times in my entire 55 year lifetime prior to last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X