Ryan Bradley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Bradley!

Scored 40 last night in Newman's four OT win. Atta baby, Ryan.
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

I don't believe anyone ever said Ryan couldn't succeed at the DII level. He just didn't seem to fit in here for whatever reason (and this was through two coaches (MT and GM), not just one). Great to see him doing so well, and when you are doing well, you're enjoying yourself. Keep up the good work, Ryan.

Comment

How many did he have before the 4 OT's?...

Comment

If anything this just shows you the difference in talent between D-1 and D-2.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
          No, what this proves is that accomplished players are going to get their chance at the BCS level schools, while the mid-major schools, like in the MVC have to settle for project players in certain positions. Those projects will not be super competitive until in the program a couple of years. In Bradley's case it took 3 years to develop. Unfortunately, not as a shocker who might been able to give us minutes this year & next when we might have used him.

G Stutz might not be competitive right away either, and we will have to be patient with his development also.

Comment

While I agree RB is not the kind of player we need to take the next step, I think we could have REALLY used him at times this season had we known how things were going to play out...

Comment

The only scholarship I would have wanted to trade for Ryan Bradley would be Orupke, but that was unforeseeable. I would take Griskenas, Ellis, and Hawkins all over Ryan Bradley, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                The only scholarship I would have wanted to trade for Ryan Bradley would be Orupke, but that was unforeseeable. I would take Griskenas, Ellis, and Hawkins all over Ryan Bradley, no question.
                That is what I meant by knowing how things were going to play out. No show, injury, ....

RB numbers look really comparable to the others mentioned:

Code:
                Bradley (2006)    Min  FGA-FGM  FTA-FTM Points Reb
                21 Bradley, Ryan  48      7-9     4-6     18    7
                00  Ellis, Aaron  298    15-54   10-12    41   47
                33  Griskenas, M  312    27-73   24-31    88   44

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_
                  That is what I meant by knowing how things were going to play out. No show, injury, ....

Code:
                  Good to see RB's fan club prez showing up again. I prefer to read DOFO20's posts. They are much more enjoyable and contains more facts . 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef

Code:
                    Good to see RB's fan club prez showing up again. I prefer to read DOFO20's posts. They are much more enjoyable and contains more facts . 8)
                    LOL

Comment

Code:
                      I have never been a big RB fan. But looking only at statistics I don't see how you can say he doesn't compare well to Ellis and Griskenas? Now if you say it is because RB only got "clean up" duty and a sixth of the minutes I could understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
                        No, what this proves is that accomplished players are going to get their chance at the BCS level schools, while the mid-major schools, like in the MVC have to settle for project players in certain positions. Those projects will not be super competitive until in the program a couple of years. In Bradley's case it took 3 years to develop. Unfortunately, not as a shocker who might been able to give us minutes this year & next when we might have used him.

G Stutz might not be competitive right away either, and we will have to be patient with his development also.
                        I think what it proves is that Ryan Bradley scored 40 points against a school that had nobody over 6'7" play significant minutes in a 4 OT game. In fact, the tallest player that played more than 33% of the game was a 6'5" 210lb forward. Shouldn't a 6'10" 240lb guy with any kind of skills dominate a 6'5" guy down low? 40 points is nice in any ranks and its nice to see him have some success, but lets not go overboard saying he could do anything close to this against MVC talent.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I didn't want this thread to turn into a peeing contest. I'm just happy for a good kid.
                          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89

Code:
                            I have never been a big RB fan. But looking only at statistics I don't see how you can say he doesn't compare well to Ellis and Griskenas? Now if you say it is because RB only got "clean up" duty and a sixth of the minutes I could understand that.
                            RB is a good kid and is exactly where he needs to be. If you watched him play in the STL last year against MSU, then you should know. MG & AE are D-1 caliber players. Period.
                            Denny hit it on the head - this is a good way to give RB his atta-boy for a good game. Nothing more needs to be said. 8)
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                              I didn't want this thread to turn into a peeing contest. I'm just happy for a good kid.
                              Yea, he is a nice guy. Personally, I'd rather dominate at a lower level than be a bench warmer for a D-1 team. :good: 8)
                              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X