Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy theory

How's this for way out there . . .

Remember those articles from a couple of weeks ago about how much money the Vegas sports books stood to lose if WSU won the title?

Just a thought.

:devilish:

Follow the money

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Remember those articles from a couple of weeks ago about how much money the Vegas sports books stood to lose if WSU won the title?

Just a thought.

I don't doubt the possibility of sports conspiracies. People have manipulated the system for personal gain in the past so I have no doubt that others are doing it now and still more in the future.

That being said I don't think there's a conspiracy because I don't buy into the "bracket of doom". I think there are a lot of NAMES and in our bracket I don't know that it's any tougher than the other regions. Actually I read a CBS article that said, according to J Palm the Midwest is the most overrated region. Whatever that means.

Comment

Just a thought.

Yeah, but in reality, I can guarantee you there is a lot more money on KU, UK, MSU..etc. Sure there's a couple of random people who bought 100 to 1 odds on WSU, but there are thousands of people who bet on the schools who have power teams year after year. Even with the huge odds against us I'm sure they stand to lose more if one of those other teams win.

Comment

Like lemuel777 said.....follow the money. They stacked our bracket on purpose. Of course they did. BUT....Coach Marshall is getting what he's asked for. Neutral courts against the "Blue-Bloods". Let's show what we got and take one game at a time and do what we do BEST!!!! WIN!!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
            Yeah, but in reality, I can guarantee you there is a lot more money on KU, UK, MSU..etc. Sure there's a couple of random people who bought 100 to 1 odds on WSU, but there are thousands of people who bet on the schools who have power teams year after year. Even with the huge odds against us I'm sure they stand to lose more if one of those other teams win.
            You'd be surprised.... http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014...aa-tournament/

They specifically mention in there that people just kept buying Wichita State even as odds dropped form 100-1.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Just a thought.

Well, it's not totally far-fetched, as many conspiracy theories are, but I'm not betting that's the case (although I'd like to see the odds on this).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Well, it's not totally far-fetched, as many conspiracy theories are, but I'm not betting that's the case (although I'd like to see the odds on this).
                Pun intended?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Pun intended?
                    Yes, otherwise it wasn't worth posting.

Comment

Just remember, their jerseys say Kentucky. But their record says decent. Uk is 5-5 their last 10 games. They played Florida for the 3rd time this season and had been trounced the first 2 times. Just like Indiana St vs WSU, they threw the kitchen sink at Florida and Florida still had a double digit lead for most of the game.

Next up, Louisville. We owe them big time!

And before any of that can happen WSU has to take care of a 16 seed!

There's a train coming. A locomotive to be exact, and it is black and yellow and has a date with destiny!!!!
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        That being said I don't think there's a conspiracy because I don't buy into the "bracket of doom". I think there are a lot of NAMES and in our bracket I don't know that it's any tougher than the other regions. Actually I read a CBS article that said, according to J Palm the Midwest is the most overrated region. Whatever that means.
                        My thought exactly. Elite programs, not 2013-14 elite teams. If we get caught up in names, we r doing exactly what we hammer our critics for.

Comment

Listening to ESPN Radio on Sirius/XM, Dan LeBatard and his co-host began discussing WSU and their side of the bracket. First off, LeBatard is a hater, he and his co-host both referred to GM as Garry Marshall. After the commercial break, the Tweets obviously were swarming and they both realized the huge error they just committed. They laughed it off, but owned up to it.

Anyway, his co-host believes in the conspiracy theory. He states that he hates to see the Butler's and WSU's in the FF. No one wants to watch programs like ours as we are not nationally relevant and have no superstars. He goes on to say that the NCAA does not want Wichita State in the FF as it would lower the ratings. The masses want to see high profile BCS programs in the FF, having a mid-major in the FF would only diminish viewership and subsequently the dollar signs. Therefore, the committee stacked the Midwest bracket against WSU so this would not happen. LeBatard disagrees with this assessment as he believes that if the NCAA intentionally set up the bracket in this manner, would be tantamount to cheating, and that would never happen (yeah right LMAO). LeBatard believes that the bracket was put together by informed committee members and the percentages.

Both agreed that it is win-win for the NCAA. If the NCAA did set up the bracket with the intention of eliminating WSU early, they'll more than likely get their wish. If WSU, by a mircale, escapes these major hurdles and make it to the FF, then that will mean they will continue to be undefeated and that would be a tremendous story that might increase ratings to see if we can finish a historical season and be discussed as the all-time best college team ever.

Comment

His co-host is his dad.... Was it in broken English??

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                              His co-host is his dad.... Was it in broken English??
                              No, and it wasn't Bomani Jones like his TV show. Edit: I googled it and his name is Jon Weiner.

Comment

Working...
                              X