SIU post-game thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU post-game thoughts.

It"s just really hard to win with one really good player. It's unrealistic to expect MB to win games by himself. I hope Shocker fans are REAL patient, because HCGM is going to have to start from scratch next year. It's unrealistic to expect him to find five starters from the players he is bringing in next year and expect them to have a winning record in the Valley next year. From the limited amount that I've watched this year, it looks like it will take a couple of years to get anywhere near the type of team Shocker fans want. I still have complete faith though that eventually HCGM will get it done, it's just going to take longer than we hoped.

It's a LONG TERM building process we're undergoing here. We'll have a lot to cheer for watching these new guys get better.

I'm a little bittersweet right now. I just hate it that Matt and PJ (in particular since they've been here since they were freshman) are ending things on such a 'slide' of a year. I know, they're just as responsible as the rest of the team for the outcomes of the game, but they've been so great for the program and I think we're going to miss them for a very, very long time.

Comment

This has been one of those "what did we do to make the basketball gods mad?" type of years. The only breaks we seem to catch are ones on ligaments and bones.

I am happy that the team has not folded up the tent - the fight will live on next year with those that return. I'm anticipating that next year we may struggle still early on as we build chemistry, but hopefully are clicking by February and March. I think middle of the pack is a reasonable expectation next year.

Lets finish out strong and ruin the St. Louis trip for some other teams this year!

GO SHOX
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

My only post-game thought has to do with the jumbotron. We were up by 4 points when they put some jackoff with a KU hat on the jumbotron. After that, it all went downhill...

EDIT: came up with some others...

1: To anyone watching FSN, what was the reaction there about the officiating?
        2: This game reeked of running out of gas...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Re: SIU post-game thoughts.

Originally posted by GarH
          It"s just really hard to win with one really good player. It's unrealistic to expect MB to win games by himself. I hope Shocker fans are REAL patient, because HCGM is going to have to start from scratch next year. It's unrealistic to expect him to find five starters from the players he is bringing in next year and expect them to have a winning record in the Valley next year. From the limited amount that I've watched this year, it looks like it will take a couple of years to get anywhere near the type of team Shocker fans want. I still have complete faith though that eventually HCGM will get it done, it's just going to take longer than we hoped.
          I know I'm going to get killed for this but here it goes. You are assumming HCGM will be here next year and not USC.....hmmmm...I'm not so sure.

Okay, everyone can lay into me now.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

I know I'm going to get killed for this but here it goes. You are assumming HCGM will be here next year and not USC.....hmmmm...I'm not so sure.

Please, let that die. You need to read up on the idea of positive thinking....
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by GarH

its ok to take off the yellow shades once in a while. :yahoo:
              ________
              Michigan Marijuana Dispensary
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

The halftime show was great. 8)

Comment

No lie about that halftime show. IMHO, the best of the year.
                  Students > Alumni

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                    No lie about that halftime show. IMHO, the best of the year.
                    Considering there's been so many to choose from this year...

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                      The halftime show was great. 8)
                      I especially liked Lawmaker in his policman's costume. :D
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Lawmaker only dreams about being smart enough to be a police officer. It seems he is merely a puppet on a string, controlled by someone else, unable to have thoughts of his own.

Comment

SIU Post game thoughts?

SIU as a team is bad at tipping. They didn't tip the huge hotel delivery they had and the players at old Chicago didn't tip except one.

Comment

<------- My avatar. Let me show you it.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                            X