Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's one way to get scheduling leverage

Great idea by the A-10

The ACC would like to have their conference tournament the same time as the A10 already has it contracted. A10 says they will consider moving their tournament, but only if the ACC agrees to scheduling A10 programs in the regular season.

The Barclays Center is negotiating with the ACC and the A-10 to work out a deal for the 2017 postseason tournament dates that could involve a scheduling alliance and non-conference doubleheaders between the two conferences, sources told ESPN.

I like that. But does the SEC outside of Florida, UK and Arkansas really do any good for a conference? I use that example due to the SEC going to St. Louis.

Comment

Tennessee may not have helped as much as we first hoped, but I can guarantee having them on our schedule was a big positive for this year. There will usually be atleast a half dozen SEC teams on any given year that would be a significant upgrade to WSU's OOC schedule. Not the best basketball conference in the country, but still a strong one that I would personally love to see WSU work into future schedules.

Comment

Let's have a little test. Of the following three teams, which would you rather have on the schedule?

Oral Roberts

Georgia

LSU

I know which one I'm picking, and it's not a short drive from Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Let's have a little test. Of the following three teams, which would you rather have on the schedule?

Oral Roberts

Georgia

LSU

I know which one I'm picking, and it's not a short drive from Wichita.
          LSU. Four game series. Johnny Jones is building this team. They, like WSU, are a fun team to watch. They just arent very good right now.

Oh, yes, you can definitely add some bias for my location. Getting to see WSU here would be awesome.

Comment

RPI

Georgia 74
            LSU 77
            ORU 187

Pretty obvious that the SEC teams would be far better help to the schedule than ORU.

Comment

Anyone else notice ole Sparky AKA Matt B ,, and Sam Houston advanced last night by beatin ORU ? be cool for them to make the field IMHO lol
              From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Ryan Martin's Northern Colorado is also two games away from dancing. They have conference champs Weber State today.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  Ryan Martin's Northern Colorado is also two games away from dancing. They have conference champs Weber State today.
                  I don't think he's there anymore

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                    Anyone else notice ole Sparky AKA Matt B ,, and Sam Houston advanced last night by beatin ORU ? be cool for them to make the field IMHO lol
                    He's going against Marty Gross and Texas A&M-CC today. I believe Braeuer played under Gross for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      I don't think he's there anymore
                      Anyone know where he is at?
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I would schedule Georgia. Seems we recruit there quite often...and I wouldn't mind snagging a few more Tekele Cotton's every other year or so!!!! Go to where you're recruiting I say!!! :)
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          I would schedule Georgia. Seems we recruit there quite often...and I wouldn't mind snagging a few more Tekele Cotton's every other year or so!!!! Go to where you're recruiting I say!!! :)

That would be a bad win.. :-D
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                            Anyone know where he is at?
                            I believe in Minnesota.

Comment

Is he in college basketball or bb at any level or has he moved on?
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X