3G on Sirius 91 College Sports Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G on Sirius 91 College Sports Radio

Coach Marshall interview coming up at 4:45.

Heard a minute of it, saying that the rhetoric of not playing anybody gives motivation to our team. Then had to enter car wash and lost the XM signal.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

He also commented that they were using "some people in the media" 's even calling out Fred VV (OUR LEAUGE MVP) as being a weak spot on our team. Packman got a real good laugh outa that,,, (I'm sure he knew who). that was directed at. lol
      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

That's what's funny about Gooblieb and Goobman.

They are feeding the fire that will eventually destroy them. Oh, the irony.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Podcast link?
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I spent about 20 minutes writing up a summary on my ipad and when I hit post quick reply, I had lost my wifi connection and subsequently my notes. FMTT. I hate it when that happens. Mark Packer is a true fan of 3G and it shows during his interviews with the coach as well as his comments before and after the interviews. He is also very fair about the team and what it has accomplished this year.

Packer asked about the long time between the MVC tourney and the NCAA tournament and Marshall replied that he only worries about the things he can control and if CBS wants to schedule the MVC tourney a week before the Big 10 tourney, there's nothing he can do about that but go and play the games. He said he's been able to give the team three days off this week and that has allowed him and the staff to sit back, put their feet up and watch some basketball without the stress of planning and playing games.

It was pretty clear he was referring to Goob and Gott when Packer asked him about the detractors and he said they've been negative for so long that they really can't stop being negative and called it laughable. But he also made it clear that it's playing right into his hands in providing extra motivation for the team, not that they need any extra motivation. He said coaching this team is just the easiest thing because they are a bunch of focused young men who understand the game and want to win together.

He also said he's using the down time to check out the Juco tourney held just up the road (didn't mention Hutch but we all know what he's talking about) and that some of the teams are using WSU facilities to practice. Packer didn't pick up on that but I think that's one of the advantages we have being so close to the Juco tourney every year and the fact the staff can scope out the players each year to mine prospective future Cle's, Carter's and Hall's.

Packer then asked about the motivational trick of using former athletes jersey numbers for each successive win during the season and whether or not he had anyone in mind for number 35. As Marshall was explaining that he's not looking at it from that perspective any longer, Packer offered up a former Shocker and they both mentioned AC about the same time. That lead 3G to comment about X and Carr coming to one of the games last season and asking to address the team. He said he had two 6'8" 280 pound men standing in front of him and who was he to say no. Then went on to discuss how the players responded to the "pep talk" X and AC gave them and how they turned "Play Angry" into their mantra for last year. We've all heard it before but it is fun to hear a national media guy talking about former Shockers which means they've done their homework or have much more college bb knowledge than some of the goobers we're forced to listen to.

All in all, it was another good interview with mutual respect on all sides. Packer and his co-host, I've forgotten his name, were very complentary of the program when they returned from a commercial break, talking about how the Shox are definitely in the mix for another deep run in the dance to include the NC.

Comment

Bluz nice summary, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                Bluz nice summary, thank you.
                Yes, thank you, Bluz. Wonder what the first edition would have read like!
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I agree with everything you said except the part where you said, "the goobers we're forced to listen to." I haven't been forced to listen to any of them.

Comment

Thanks for the summary.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      I agree with everything you said except the part where you said, "the goobers we're forced to listen to." I haven't been forced to listen to any of them.
                      LMAO. Yeah, no doubt. I'm not "forced" to listen to them but I did stick around CBS after the Shox inihilated the Trees last Sunday just to hear what gootlieb had to say.

One part I forgot to mention is 3G talking about the blue collar nature of this team and the coaching staff. That's been repeated in other articles I've read this week so it's a new focus on his part or perhaps he's using it more and more as the media approaches him. He used his B-29 theme for the 29th victory to illustrate how this team is blue collar, similar to the blue collar nature of those workers who built the B-29 and the city of Wichita, and the fact that all of them have had to work really hard to get where they are. Nothing has been handed to them.

Oh man, the Dance can't start soon enough. I love this team and the coaching staff.

Comment

Working...
                      X