1st round NCAA tourney start time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st round NCAA tourney start time

Shockernet has all the answers....Given the assumption that the Shox will be in the Midwest region, what would the predicted start time be for their game? Is there any way to predict that? I need to give advanced notice of any time off from work if they will play the early games thurs or fri.

Almost guaranteed that they will be in St Louis, so it will be a Fri/Sun site, but as to game times I don't think those will be announced til selection sunday

Comment

barring in St. Louis.. Friday the 21st. times will be TBA usually set a day or so after the show.

Comment

Ok did some background work and saw that 2013 Louisville was #1 seed in Midwest and started at 640 pm Friday. North Carolina was a 1 seed in Midwest in 2012 and started at approx 330 pm. Is this any indication that the Shox might have a start time after 3 pm? Any start time before that and I need to take off...

Comment

Originally posted by dideyewin View Post
          Ok did some background work and saw that 2013 Louisville was #1 seed in Midwest and started at 640 pm Friday. North Carolina was a 1 seed in Midwest in 2012 and started at approx 330 pm. Is this any indication that the Shox might have a start time after 3 pm? Any start time before that and I need to take off...
          Honestly I don't think those previous start times will have much of an impact on when the Shockers will play. The NCAA and TV networks look more at time zone of the host site (St Louis being central will mean it shouldn't start til noon or 12:30 at the earliest), marketability of the teams in the 4 matchups at that site (if us and KU are the top seeds they might give KU the primetime slot), and staggering the start times so there is always a game going on (prepare for a weird sounding start time). Until CBS and friends release the TV schedule there is just no way to be entirely sure of anything other than day and location

Comment

Anywhere between 11:20am and 9:10pm.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Anywhere between 11:20am and 9:10pm.
              Lol thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by dideyewin View Post
                Shockernet has all the answers....
                That is true. Unfortunately, we don't know any of the questions, but we post angry and we don't allow that minor inconvenience to ever faze us.

Comment

Is there any plausible scenario in which we don't end up in STL? The only thing I can think of is if KU wins the Big 12 and other top teams implode, so KU gets a 1 in the Midwest. But are the early round sites even specific to particular regions? Could they have two 1s at the same site?

I've bought tickets but not plane fare (figure I can sell the former if I need to.) Can't think of any reason not to pull the trigger on the flights--am I missing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by DCShockerFan05 View Post
                    Is there any plausible scenario in which we don't end up in STL? The only thing I can think of is if KU wins the Big 12 and other top teams implode, so KU gets a 1 in the Midwest. But are the early round sites even specific to particular regions? Could they have two 1s at the same site?

I've bought tickets but not plane fare (figure I can sell the former if I need to.) Can't think of any reason not to pull the trigger on the flights--am I missing anything?
                    2nd and 3rd rounds, they can have 2 1 seed in St. Louis.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by DCShockerFan05 View Post

Pull the trigger. Regardless of region, we will be in STL.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

With our 34-0 record, expect it to be in the night session. (6 PM to 9 PM)

Comment

I'm in a tough spot. Booked cruise over spring break and have 12 hour drive on Sunday to get back from Galveston. Thinking I should be able to watch the first game on the ship but don't think there's anyway I'll be able to watch the game live on Sunday. Anyone have any experience trying to watch tournament games on a cruise?

Comment

Working...
                          X