Fan Win Streaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Win Streaks

Last year I was on a pretty great win streak. I'd been at something like twenty straight games without a loss. It just so happened that on nights we lost last year, I had class. My streak actually spanned across two seasons. Then senior night happened. Then I was at the Creighton game in Omaha. Then I was at the Final Four. My three game losing streak has been broken this year, though! And I am currently riding a four game win streak into the tournament.

This got me thinking... who here has the longest win streak? And does anyone have a longer win streak than Gregg Marshall (y'know... since he's got a 34 game win streak when he's present at the game)?

St. Louis would always ruin any potential win streak I had. Right now I'm at 25.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Last year I was on a pretty great win streak. I'd been at something like twenty straight games without a loss. It just so happened that on nights we lost last year, I had class. My streak actually spanned across two seasons. Then senior night happened. Then I was at the Creighton game in Omaha. Then I was at the Final Four. My three game losing streak has been broken this year, though! And I am currently riding a four game win streak into the tournament.

This got me thinking... who here has the longest win streak? And does anyone have a longer win streak than Gregg Marshall (y'know... since he's got a 34 game win streak when he's present at the game)?
      I wasn't aware of Marshall's winning streak, while in attendance at said games. That's pretty impressive. Since we have noticed this trend, let's just make sure he attends the next 6 games...deal!!!

Comment

The last loss I can remember attending was the Stanford game in whatever small-time postseason tournament it was we participated in during Marshall's second year at WSU.

But I've only been to a handful of games since then. Maybe 10 or 11.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, I've probably been to 20 - 25 games since then.

Still, not many per year as that Stanford game was a while ago.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I don't necessarily have a winning streak, but I have a personal losing streak that beats anything anyone can throw out there.

I played in the pep band starting in 2002-03 at the Coliseum, and because of the way they used to do it (allowing alumni & various other loopholes I found throughout the years), I managed to stay in the band all the way through the 2011-12 season.

In other words, I have been NOT in the pep band for 3 seasons in the last 12 years.

Those seasons were 05-06, 12-13 & this year. You do the math.

Lucky for all of us, I am aware of the situation and will not go anywhere near a saxophone ever again.

I have actually been told by one of the heads of the music department, jokingly, that even if I come back to get another degree or something, he still can't let me play anymore because he wants WSU to keep winning big...
          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 12, 2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I missed 10 games this year so my winning streak is at 24.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              I don't necessarily have a winning streak, but I have a personal losing streak that beats anything anyone can throw out there.

I played in the pep band starting in 2002-03 at the Coliseum, and because of the way they used to do it (allowing alumni & various other loopholes I found throughout the years), I managed to stay in the band all the way through the 2011-12 season.

In other words, I have been NOT in the pep band for 3 seasons in the last 12 years.

Those seasons were 05-06, 12-13 & this year. You do the math.

Lucky for all of us, I am aware of the situation and will not go anywhere near a saxophone ever again.
              If you touch that saxophone again within 100 feet of Koch Arena ever again, I will tie you up to a chair and force you to watch hours and hours of video of Doug McDermott going through defense drills.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                If you touch that saxophone again within 100 feet of Koch Arena ever again, I will tie you up to a chair and force you to watch hours and hours of video of Doug McDermott going through defense drills.
                That punishment relies on the false premise that Doug McDermott has done defense drills for more than an hour.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Please, please just water board me instead. Anything but that.

On second thought, that might be really entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    That punishment relies on the false premise that Doug McDermott has done defense drills for more than an hour.
                    You could always loop the 10 minutes that he's done and make the video last for hours.

Comment

Just so I have this straight, you're ok with him touching a saxophone during and at the MVC and NCAA tournaments?

What if he's just playing WITH his saxophone, but not actually playing it?

I don't think you thought that through, entirely.

:)

Comment

I'm just trying to imagine what "defense drills" at CU would really look like.

A bunch of unathletic white guys falling down, while Gregory Echenique face-palms for the duration?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Just so I have this straight, you're ok with him touching a saxophone during and at the MVC and NCAA tournaments?

What if he's just playing WITH his saxophone, but not actually playing it?

I don't think you thought that through, entirely.

:)
                          Horrible on my part. Need to be more thorough. Thankfully, DJ and I have an understanding on the full encompassing message of what my threat meant.

That said, you can't be in the pep band in the postseason without having done so in the regular season, so my original statement still has merit to it.
                          78-65

Comment

My Bracket had Wichita St. in the Final Four last year proudly pinned on the fridge. When friends would come over and see it...they thought I had a screw lose. Lol Yeah...that's pretty much my only good winning prediction in like forever. Lol
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I went to 2 games last year and we lost both (ISUs and Evansville). I have gone to 4 games this year so that is where my streak is at. Planning on going to Dallas if we make it, so hopefully my streak will be at 6 by the end of the season!

Comment

Working...
                              X