WSU Band Debuts New Postseason Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Band Debuts New Postseason Anthem

The Wichita State band debuted a new song for the postseason at the MVC Tournament - a twist on the southern staple "Talkin' out the side of your neck"

You can find more on the song at the bottom of this article: http://www.kansas.com/2014/03/08/333...entifying.html

What do you think?

I like it :)
    LL&P _\\//

Comment

It is good.
      “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
      John Wayne

Comment

Nice! Is this the"more original" chant we have been asking for?
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

The chant that we say is completely different from the orginal. If that's what you mean. Lol

Original: Talking out the side of ya Neck.
          Shocker Version: Shockers gonna Shock ya Again!

Both versions start out with: Heeeey Eeeey Ooooo!
          LL&P _\\//

Comment

Nice song. Really enjoying the band in St. Louis.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I want to say Thank You to all of you for making this weekend special. Not only has this fan base latched on to the War Chant (Which sounds unbelievable on TV), you also helped debut a brand new song that we didn't add to the books until tournament time. And it's a hit! Shocker Nation, we love you and this experience wouldn't nearly be as awesome without you. Thank you for your support. We love playing for you and our undefeated team!

Go Team! GO SHOX!!!
              LL&P _\\//

Comment

The new song sounded great. Maybe it is time to retire 25 or 6 to 4?

Comment

Band needs to learn Magic Carpet Ride after 3G's mention and singing of the song at the Post Conference Press
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by BlkSaxShock View Post
                    I want to say Thank You to all of you for making this weekend special. Not only has this fan base latched on to the War Chant (Which sounds unbelievable on TV), you also helped debut a brand new song that we didn't add to the books until tournament time. And it's a hit! Shocker Nation, we love you and this experience wouldn't nearly be as awesome without you. Thank you for your support. We love playing for you and our undefeated team!

Go Team! GO SHOX!!!
                    You guys sounded great all weekend. Awesome job!
                    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

I think the band does a great job, but I think that new song is pretty so-so myself.

Comment

For some of the whiners on the opposing team I think we should learn "Cry Like a Baby" by the Box Tops - from the 60's. Something like "When you take a flop and fall on the floor, you cry like a baby." Ehh...leave the lyrics to someone else. ;)

Comment

Gottlieb thought Indiana State's basketball team was JV, he should have seen Loyola's pep band. I love music, but there are times when you are just in over your head.
                          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                            I think the band does a great job, but I think that new song is pretty so-so myself.
                            Myself, I preferred the version of "Hey Pachuco." from the Mask. I think this is the same arrangement. The difference is that instead of yelling out "Hey Pach-u-co," they yelled out "UN - DEF-EAT-ED!" Went over well at the pep rally.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              The new song sounded great. Maybe it is time to retire 25 or 6 to 4?
                              NOT if Wu Shock keeps playing the drums on that! He is very good at the drums, great mini solo at the end of the song!
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X