Van Vleet and theft . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Vleet and theft . . .

Maybe elsewhere, but my favorite line of the year was on one of Fred's steals in the first half, the color guys says "His hands are so quick, he could steal the hubcaps off a moving car." Laughed out loud - I'll bet he spent all week getting that one ready (but, true it is).
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Fred does have the quickest hands I've ever seen at WSU.
    Livin the dream

Comment

One one play on the end line near the corner in front of us, Fred had reached and the ball went out of bounds to Eveansville. This right right in front of the Shocker bench. While players were moving to set up for the inbounds, the ref said something to Van Vleet and he nodded, almost in a "thank you, I'll be more careful>" I just wonder if the ref said, "you got away with one there."Just totally guessing by the nod of Fred's head.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Fred does have the quickest hands I've ever seen at WSU.
        Malcolm was darned quick, too. Jason Perez was an amazing thief.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Repping the old timers...Cal Bruton was amazingly quick
          Last edited by boyshocker; March 8, 2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            Malcolm was darned quick, too. Jason Perez was an amazing thief.
            I almost mentioned Perez above. Armstead is another one.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              One one play on the end line near the corner in front of us, Fred had reached and the ball went out of bounds to Eveansville. This right right in front of the Shocker bench. While players were moving to set up for the inbounds, the ref said something to Van Vleet and he nodded, almost in a "thank you, I'll be more careful>" I just wonder if the ref said, "you got away with one there."Just totally guessing by the nod of Fred's head.
              Not sure if it was the same play or not but they showed the replay on one of his steals and it looked damn clean from that camera angle. He's snakelike with that quickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                Not sure if it was the same play or not but they showed the replay on one of his steals and it looked damn clean from that camera angle. He's snakelike with that quickness.
                I recall that on the tube. He could catch a cobra.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I think a lot of Fred's defensive prowess comes from his off the charts hoops IQ.

Malcolm was, IMO, much quicker, but FVV is similarly effective because he knows where the ballhandler is going before the ballhandler does. Jason Perez had the same gift on defense.

Comment

I know I am guilty at times referring to a PG's vision as offense only, but in Fred's case his vision and anticipation is so prevalent on defense. Sometimes it looks like he knows what the offensive player is going to do before that player does.

Comment

If FVV is a sneaky pick pocket type then TK straight up robs your ass and you know it because you are probably sore and on the floor. Ron just takes advantage of people that get lost in his dreamy hair.

Comment

Working...
                      X