**WSU vs. Evansville Official Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
    Working and can't watch, but I presume Cotton is guarding Ballentine. I am therefore confused as to why Ballentine has 13 points. Are they running him off their usual five screens?

Edit: someone may have partially answered the question above, but can't tell.
    Balentine has three three's from a foot or two behind the NBA line. That's most of it. He also had an incredible jumper with Cotton pretty much kissing him on the forehead. He's not getting easy shots.

Did FVV just do a head-stand to celebrate that layup?
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Fred

Comment

• Ballentine is hitting closely guarded shots and working hard for every look. I expect him to hit a wall at some point. His legs have to be tired. Tired legs = missed shots.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
          Wessel can't guard Balentine.
          I disagree. He's not Cotton-good but I think Evan plays very solid D.

Comment

• So Early has a little run as if to say "this is why I was pre season poy"
            And then Fred says "no look pass, steal, and one - this is why I am poy"
            I hope they continue to have this imaginary argument like this.

Comment

• This might have been talked about somewhere else, but how is the #2 team in the country not on an ESPN channel at 1pm EST? They have four channels at least they could put us on and no competition?

Have they maxed out their TV contract with the Valley already this year?
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                I completely trust Evan. He may foul more but he plays hard nose d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  This might have been talked about somewhere else, but how is the #2 team in the country not on an ESPN channel at 1pm EST? They have four channels at least they could put us on and no competition?

Have they maxed out their TV contract with the Valley already this year?
                  Fox sports got the rights to this game years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    Fox sports got the rights to this game years ago
                    Regional Fox Sports, or is it on one of the main ones?

Comment

• I know if they called that against us Id be mad

Comment

• Euro dork isn't nearly as whiny this game

Comment

• Run em

Comment

• Missed free throw for Ballentine. Tired legs I tell you.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              Regional Fox Sports, or is it on one of the main ones?
                              Regional like their stuff had always been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                                I just meant against DJB he backs off too much because he's afraid of the dribble drive. Balentine can get to the line a lot on the drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X