Drake vs Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake vs Evansville

Who are you guys hoping to see win? Evansvilles duo of Balentine and Mockevicius are pretty damn good, but Drake has some guys who can shoot the ball from the outside pretty well. I would say Drake is the better all around team, but they don't have the talent (Balentine and Mockevicius) that Evansville does. This game being the 8v9 game impresses me. The MVC is deeper than given credit for. The 3-9 teams in the Valley really beat each other up. There isn't that much difference in these two teams and a Missouri State or a Northern Iowa.

Personally I want Drake to win purely from a RPI standpoint (Drake being 163, Evansville being 223). They both are capable teams that you can't take lightly.

If we play our game and play it well it probably should not matter. I do wonder how Balentine's legs will hold up in back-to-back games because he runs so much in Evansville's offense trying to get open for his shots.

I agree that the Valley is deeper and tougher than it is given credit for. Granted no outstanding teams outside of the Shockers but at his point there are no real dogs either. Indiana State's swoon down the stretch (losing their final 3 games) has been a disappointment. However, getting to reset to 0-0 can have a way of rejuvenating a team.

Comment

Does someone actually have to win this game?
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'd rather see drake then the illegal screening, grabbing Evansville. If the refs are not calling the game right, they might hurt one of wsu players through their cheap shots.

Comment

I want to see Drake win because it's just so much fun to beat them. Those games were a blast...

And I agree with SB Shock, Evansville's gameplay is potentially more troublesome depending on the way the game is called.

Comment

Drake

Comment

Drake +1.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

We beat Drake by an average of 23 points in two contests. We beat Evansville by an average of 15 in two contests. So I'd rather see Drake.
                Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Definitely Drake. We avoided getting Evansville'd this year. Don't want a chance of it happening again. And of course those illegal screens...

Comment

I want Drake. If they win they will have a 16-15 record which is just about neutral for our SOS. Evansville will hurt our SOS a little. Our ideal path throughout the tournament with regards to our RPI is Drake, Missouri State, and Indiana State. I want to see us finish 4th in the RPI, which is doable.

Comment

LOL, look at Drake's basketball schedule, someone's a bit cocky. Just kidding obviously, but I do find it funny that they have Arch Madness listed like that when everyone else just has their first game listed or their first game followed by TBD.

Comment

Evansville up 11 at half.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Could Drake and EU combine forces tomorrow against WSU?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Well, I'd love to watch the game, if it wasn't blacked out on ESPN3 for some reason I don't understand. Really? Blacked out because it's on Full Court? Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Well, I'd love to watch the game, if it wasn't blacked out on ESPN3 for some reason I don't understand. Really? Blacked out because it's on Full Court? Lame.
                              its on fox sports
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X