Impressed with Kansas Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed with Kansas Fans

Did I really just say that? Yes, yes I did.

The vast majority are finally giving WSU props and respect. I thought I would never see that. There are a few dbags holding out but that's always the case.

I know it's verboten on here to discuss the jhox but since they are stepping up and shouting out props to WSU, it should be acknowledged on here. They have a good team too and I'd love to meet em in the Final Four.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Luckily, the sane world doesn't judge fan bases by early season message board flames. I think most beakers are impressed with what we have accomplished. Those that aren't, are not worth your time.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Most are very appreciative of good basketball and support WSU.
      The only ones with which it might be a problem are those from JoCo.
      During my 4 years at KU, there literally wasn't a week that didn't go by that some JoCo KU student wasn't slamming Wichita and WSU. NEVER did I EVER hear of any negativity coming from any other students EXCEPT those from JoCo with regards to WSU and Wichita.
      -- It's a commuter school
      -- Why would you go there for graduate school
      -- Why would anyone live in Wichita
      -- Isn't Wichita about the size of Topeka
      -- Where is it exactly
      -- What county is it in
      -- Where do people work in Wichita; the farms?
      -- Do you guys play in D1
      -- Are there freeways in Wichita

KU is a great school with great fans. But JoCo sucks, the chiefs suck, the royals suck, missourah sucks and I wish JoCo was part of missourah because that's where those low lifes belong. I can't tell a damn bit of difference between KU/JoCo students and those SoBs at mizzou. Screw 'em.
      Go KU
      Go WSU
      Screw JoCo

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Did I really just say that? Yes, yes I did.

The vast majority are finally giving WSU props and respect. I thought I would never see that. There are a few dbags holding out but that's always the case.

I know it's verboten on here to discuss the jhox but since they are stepping up and shouting out props to WSU, it should be acknowledged on here. They have a good team too and I'd love to meet em in the Final Four.
        True as this may be, it would be interesting to see their perception of us were our records exchanged.

I would rather meet them in the Finals. Would be so cool.

Comment

There are plenty of Wichita-based KSU and KU fans that have been jerks about it too. It isn't all JoCo.

Comment

God, I love your posts, Veritas.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              During my 4 years at KU, there literally wasn't a week that didn't go by that some JoCo KU student wasn't slamming Wichita and WSU. NEVER did I EVER hear of any negativity coming from any other students EXCEPT those from JoCo with regards to WSU and Wichita.
              -- Where is it exactly
              -- What county is it in

KU is a great school with great fans. But JoCo sucks, the chiefs suck, the royals suck, missourah sucks and I wish JoCo was part of missourah because that's where those low lifes belong. I can't tell a damn bit of difference between KU/JoCo students and those SoBs at mizzou. Screw 'em.
              Go KU
              Go WSU
              Screw JoCo
              Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                There are plenty of Wichita-based KSU and KU fans that have been jerks about it too. It isn't all JoCo.
                I have a couple of friends that fall into this camp. And many more that that were like this until last years run. Honestly, there used to be a ton of Wichita born and raised that were horrible, but most of them have repented. At least to my face.

Comment

Here's an example. A high school classmate of my wife's posted on his Facebook page yesterday, that "he couldn't take it any more that he had to speak out. Yes WSU is goo, but is simply not a top-ten team." blah blah blah. He is a KSU grad.

Comment

Here's an example. A high school classmate of my wife's posted on his Facebook page yesterday, that "he couldn't take it any more that he had to speak out. Yes WSU is goo, but is simply not a top-ten team." blah blah blah. He is a KSU grad.
                    You see, to him good basketball looks like a bunch of kids that are terrified of their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      -- Where is it exactly
                      -- What county is it in

Go KU
                      Go WSU
                      Screw JoCo
                      If you were there from '88-'92, you might have spoken to my cousin. The guy is still the biggest snob I know.

Comment

I have lived in JoCo for more than 28 years and in that time I have met exactly one KU fan that has been obnoxious about his team and dismissive of others. That person grew up in Rose Hill..

I don't doubt your experience (Veritas) at KU, but college kids as a group, tend to be jerks. It is part of growing up.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The only KU fans that are pricks are the insecure types that are KU fans because they want to cheer for winners.

They dont care about the football team or any other sport. Just basketball.

They have to dis WSU because it threatens their insecurity.

Thats why I have to separate my disdain for KU into segments.

There are KU fans and there are KU basketball fans. I dont mind KU fans. I get annoyed by KU basketball fans.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            The only KU fans that are pricks are the insecure types that are KU fans because they want to cheer for winners.

They dont care about the football team or any other sport. Just basketball.

They have to dis WSU because it threatens their insecurity.

Thats why I have to separate my disdain for KU into segments.

There are KU fans and there are KU basketball fans. I dont mind KU fans. I get annoyed by KU basketball fans.
                            This times infinity.

Comment

A friend of mine once said KU fans are Kansas Fans, they are not fans of basketball. I somewhat agree.
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X