Here Are My Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Are My Questions

Is the Missouri Valley Conference championship trophy the worst looking championship trophy of all time?

Could it look any worse?

How much does it cost?

Does it reflect the doggie-ness of the Missouri Valley Conference?

Is it designed to save space in the trophy case?

Just wondering.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Is the Missouri Valley Conference championship trophy the worst looking championship trophy of all time?

Could it look any worse?

How much does it cost?

Just wondering.
    Hey, the Green Jacket isn't attractive either, but I would take it.

Comment

Some #2 pine, a Sawzall, and a can of Minwax One Step makes for a trophy fitting of this bush league.

Comment

Hardware is hardware...plus with a regular and tournament one do you really to stretch the budget any further
        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
          Hardware is hardware...plus with a regular and tournament one do you really to stretch the budget any further
          Y
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Here is the photo

looking for one of these...

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

I have always hypothesized that they used to have wood panelling on the walls of the old MVC offices. One day they had to rip those up and decided to not waste the wood, but rather turn it into their championship trophies.

It's these cost-cutting measures that attract teams like Loyola into the MVC.

Comment

What do you expect from a conference based out of Missouri? It looks like the only thing missing is a cheap clock with gawdy plastic brassy numbers and a quartz movement. It would fit right in at Aunt Martha's living room on a shelf next to her Days of our Lives collector plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Could it look any worse?

How much does it cost?

Just wondering.
                  Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. It did look like a middle school shop project.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by H8KU View Post
                    What do you expect from a conference based out of Missouri? It looks like the only thing missing is a cheap clock with gawdy plastic brassy numbers and a quartz movement. It would fit right in at Aunt Martha's living room on a shelf next to her Days of our Lives collector plates.
                    It would be something else nice to look at while sitting around with the family on the clear plastic covered living room set.
                    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Uhhh I don't see anything wrong with the trophy at all??? I actually like it.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Some #2 pine, a Sawzall, and a can of Minwax One Step makes for a trophy fitting of this bush league.
                        The Valley may actual upgrade to a crystal basketball, with a nice oak base...once we're done subsidizing the other Valley teams with our deep Tournament runs.

Comment

Originally posted by H8KU View Post
                          A black velvet Elvis on the back would finish it off.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                          X