Steve Forbes' Reincarnation . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Forbes' Reincarnation . . .

I wonder if there is a coach in America who has transformed their professional and personal lives in a year as much as Steve Forbes? I go to the NJCAA finals every year and saw him there the last two years, relegated to riding buses to Alligator Poop, Florida in order to win a trip to Hutchinson to reach the pinnacle of that domain - a national Juco Championship. He was impressive even then, albeit surrounded by selfish, spoiled brats who think thy should be starting at D1 schools (a generalization of the teams in that tournament - some raw talent - i.e - Nick and Cleanthony - but lots of technicals, flagrant fouls, and openly jawing at their coaches). I have no clue as to the dynamics of HCGM giving him a chance, but only another sign of Gregg's vision. And, how much weight has Steve lost this year? I am sure Johnston's is spending a fortune on alterations.

Anyway - I don't know the man, but I suspect he is grateful beyond words and loyal to the death.

Good for him (and, us).
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Back in the day, he was basketball coach at Great Bend (Barton Co Juco). I expect he has many old friends in Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
      I wonder if there is a coach in America who has transformed their professional and personal lives in a year as much as Steve Forbes? I go to the NJCAA finals every year and saw him there the last two years, relegated to riding buses to Alligator Poop, Florida in order to win a trip to Hutchinson to reach the pinnacle of that domain - a national Juco Championship. He was impressive even then, albeit surrounded by selfish, spoiled brats who think thy should be starting at D1 schools (a generalization of the teams in that tournament - some raw talent - i.e - Nick and Cleanthony - but lots of technicals, flagrant fouls, and openly jawing at their coaches). I have no clue as to the dynamics of HCGM giving him a chance, but only another sign of Gregg's vision. And, how much weight has Steve lost this year? I am sure Johnston's is spending a fortune on alterations.

Anyway - I don't know the man, but I suspect he is grateful beyond words and loyal to the death.

Good for him (and, us).
      Bruce Pearl gave him a lot of love Tuesday night during the Bradley game, but that shouldn't come as a surprise as Forbes coached under Pearl at Tenn. known as a stellar recruiter, I'm not sure if his full impact has been felt by this program yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
        Bruce Pearl gave him a lot of love Tuesday night during the Bradley game, but that shouldn't come as a surprise as Forbes coached under Pearl at Tenn. known as a stellar recruiter, I'm not sure if his full impact has been felt by this program yet.
        Forbes also let Bruce Pearl's bus run over him, and I'm sure Pearl won't forget that.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
        X