Congrats from an MSU fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats from an MSU fan

Just wanted to say congrats to all of you for what the Shockers have been able to accomplish this season, it truly is amazing. As my title of my thread indicates I am an MSU season ticket holder, we drove to Wichita to the game and were never treated hostile with our MSU shirts on, and we appreciate the way we have been treated, even had a WSU fan buy me a beer tonight at PF Changs. You're team reminds me of UNLV in the 90's, congrats and I you make the most out of it

Glad you were treated well. Are you back in Springfield now? If so, glad you made it safely.

Comment

Thanks for the post. My grandma has lived in Springfield for decades so I have a soft spot for you all. I went to this year's game at MSU and was treated very well by your fans, even after the heartbreaker for you all. I'm glad you guys received similar treatment. All the best.

Comment

Not going back to Donkey town, we went to Scotch and Sirloin, are spending the night here, and then going to try to go to OKC to see the Thunder ..... Weather permitting

Comment

Originally posted by rg7fan View Post
          Not going back to Donkey town, we went to Scotch and Sirloin, are spending the night here, and then going to try to go to OKC to see the Thunder ..... Weather permitting
          Safe travels tomorrow then.

Comment

Enjoy your stay. Thanks for contributing to our economy and have safe travels.

Comment

Just wanted to say congrats to all of you for what the Shockers have been able to accomplish this season, it truly is amazing. As my title of my thread indicates I am an MSU season ticket holder, we drove to Wichita to the game and were never treated hostile with our MSU shirts on, and we appreciate the way we have been treated, even had a WSU fan buy me a beer tonight at PF Changs. You're team reminds me of UNLV in the 90's, congrats and I you make the most out of it
              We're a kinder, gentler fan base now that Creighton's left the Valley. Even now, though, I don't know that I'd want to be seen wearing Bluejays jerseys around here. Thanks for visiting, sorry about the weather.

Comment

I think Missouri State would have been the 2nd best team in the MVC if Marcus Marshall didnt get hurt
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                  Safe travels tomorrow then.
                  Hope you enjoy all of your trip. Our group from Great Bend decided at the last minute to not make the trip and had to cancel our plans for the Scotch and Sirloin. Almost a chance meeting! Be safe and comeback to see us.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    I think Missouri State would have been the 2nd best team in the MVC if Marcus Marshall didnt get hurt
                    I like what MSU is doing, but I see two issues next year:

1. Pickens and Gulley were tough! Everyone else, not so much. Those guys graduate and will be missed. Someone needs to replace their toughness.

2. They STILL struggle in the post. Kirk has been somewhat disappointing and McCullough will be very good as a senior, not so much as a sophomore. Thurman can't rebound. Bears need a hard-nosed rebounder in the paint.

If those two things can be addressed in the off-season, MSU will unfairly be denied an at-large bid again after an impressive season.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Good luck and we hope MSU will soon join us at the top of the league.

Comment

........new league.....us , msu, oru, st loo, uno, etc

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          ........new league.....us , msu, oru, st loo, uno, etc
                          according to their board, they will be announcing in 3 month that MOST will be moving to a new conference (sun belt I think)

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            according to their board, they will be announcing in 3 month that MOST will be moving to a new conference (sun belt I think)
                            I hear there is a sealed envelope on their president's desk.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              I hear there is a sealed envelope on their president's desk.
                              We did have good time in Wichita, I come here about six times a year for work and have been doing this for over twenty years, Wichita has changed quite a bit in that time frame. As far as MSU leaving for the Sun Belt, that's what our boards say as well......lots of mixed emotions for that. I think that people in our fan base were upset with Creighton leaving the MVC, and were not impressed with Loyola (although they beat us like a red headed step child) and I honestly would think that WSU is done with the MVC after this year, I feel if WSU left that would be a huge hit for the MVC, but I don't see the Sun Belt as a big upgrade, if at all. The main problem we have at MSU is we have this amazing arena, our crowd count is horrible, we pay our coaches bottom $$, basically I think our coach is doing a respectable job, but any turn around takes time, and the fan base is not patient. It's amazing in the last few years in college sports how many programs are just jumping from league to league and playing Russian roulette with there programs, in life now a days we are living in an instant gratification time and that is a detriment to stability for the long term. Anyway, congrats on you're success, I hope that both MSU and WSUnstay in the Valley, but I think after this year WSU has outgrown the league

Comment

Working...
                              X