WIZARD OF WICHITA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIZARD OF WICHITA

The WIZARD OF WESTWOOD was a Great Coach in a very large market at a very large university when UCLA was dominate. The game of College Basketball was much less competitive then and there were fewer skilled athletes playing the game. I like the sound of THE WIZARD OF WICHITA even though there will be some that think MARKETING should follow accomplishments. When you have a great product never wait for the product to achieve a measure of success before branding. I have been to the Pavilion, watched the team and find coach Marshal to have similar dedication to the sport and the young men that he coaches.

Given that we live in Kansas, I think it's too easy to have others co-opt that and turn it into a Wizard of Oz reference. And haters would laugh their ass off at the presumptuousness of comparing Marshall to a guy with TE national championships.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm happy with comparing Coach Marshall to Dean Smith...Gene Keady...Henry Iba...anyone but Bobby Knight. I'd be perfectly happy if he retired a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by podunkboy View Post
        I'm happy with comparing Coach Marshall to Dean Smith...Gene Keady...Henry Iba...anyone but Bobby Knight. I'd be perfectly happy if he retired a Shocker.
        Have to disagree with you. Bob Knight might have his flaws, but he was a GREAT coach.
        The Assman

Comment

I'll call Marshall whatever the hell he wants, as long as he stays here for forever and ever!!!
          Last edited by Shock Top; March 2, 2014, 02:22 AM.
          The Assman

Comment

Working...
          X