Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: The Undefeated Regular Season Thread! 31-0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetDrakeFan View Post
    Oh and it irritated me a great deal when the ESPN announcers said during the game against SMS that you guys would get pushed around by bigger stronger better athletes in the NCAA's.
    Well we would ... if they existed.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Don't know if this was posted anywhere else, but WSU is now 10-0 vs the RPI top 100. MSU and UNI have moved into the top 100. So, two more opportunities for top 100 wins in the MVC tournament.

Comment

For all those out there (way out there) that think a whole bunch (I've heard 20+ is a common number) of Big 5 teams would go 31-0 against our schedule and what we did is no big deal for "elite teams", I offer the following:

There are currently 12 Big 5 teams in the Top 20 RPI.

10 of these 12 have lost to 51-100 or 101-200 teams. Those 10 against those groups are 133-25 or 13.3-2.5 average to the Shockers 19-0.

9 of 12 have lost to 51-100 teams. Those 9 teams are 50-14 or 5.6-1.6 average to the Shockers 6-0.

7 of 12 have lost to 101-200 teams. Those 7 teams are 54-11 or 7.7-1.6 average to the Shockers 13-0.

6 of 12 have lost to both groups. Those 6 teams are 83-20 or 13.8-3.3 to the Shockers 19-0.

Again, this is 10 of the best 12 teams of the Big 5. I think the Shocker's sample size is big enough to say we out performed those 10 "elite" teams in those categories. Unfortunately, our sample size of 3-0 against Top 50 teams may not be large enough to make a clear conclusion on how we would do against that group, but I feel it's safe to say it should be at least equal to what these 10 elite teams did since we out performed them against lesser opponents.

That leaves only 2 Big 5 teams, Florida and Kansas. They have played a lot of games against the Top 50 and are 18-10 and are to be commended. That's slightly less than 2 wins for every 3 games played. We truly don't like having that small sample size of 3-0, so nobody really knows whether we would have done worse or, maybe, better. Perhaps these 2 teams, along with the other 10, will play us H/H or on neutral courts in the future to make all this more clear.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            True. But 80-0 sure would be a sweet target. LMAO
            Hey, why not? UCLA won 88 in a row, and that was without the benefit of "controversial" WSU's notoriously "weak" schedule. Playing in the Valley, the Shocks should make 100 easy, shouldn't they, Jeff and Doug G?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              For all those out there (way out there) that think a whole bunch (I've heard 20+ is a common number) of Big 5 teams would go 31-0 against our schedule and what we did is no big deal for "elite teams", I offer the following:

There are currently 12 Big 5 teams in the Top 20 RPI.

10 of these 12 have lost to 51-100 or 101-200 teams. Those 10 against those groups are 133-25 or 13.3-2.5 average to the Shockers 19-0.

9 of 12 have lost to 51-100 teams. Those 9 teams are 50-14 or 5.6-1.6 average to the Shockers 6-0.

7 of 12 have lost to 101-200 teams. Those 7 teams are 54-11 or 7.7-1.6 average to the Shockers 13-0.

6 of 12 have lost to both groups. Those 6 teams are 83-20 or 13.8-3.3 to the Shockers 19-0.

Again, this is 10 of the best 12 teams of the Big 5. I think the Shocker's sample size is big enough to say we out performed those 10 "elite" teams in those categories. Unfortunately, our sample size of 3-0 against Top 50 teams may not be large enough to make a clear conclusion on how we would do against that group, but I feel it's safe to say it should be at least equal to what these 10 elite teams did since we out performed them against lesser opponents.

That leaves only 2 Big 5 teams, Florida and Kansas. They have played a lot of games against the Top 50 and are 18-10 and are to be commended. That's slightly less than 2 wins for every 3 games played. We truly don't like having that small sample size of 3-0, so nobody really knows whether we would have done worse or, maybe, better. Perhaps these 2 teams, along with the other 10, will play us H/H or on neutral courts in the future to make all this more clear.
              As one of the many laudatory articles about WSU's season mentioned recently (I can't remember which one), it's been ten years since St. Joe's finished a regular season unbeaten. There are currently 349 D-1 teams, and although that number has been growing pretty much yearly, it still means there have been roughly 3400 regular seasons played since 2003-4. If it were really that easy to finish undefeated, shouldn't the feat have been accomplished by somebody at least once out of all those times before WSU got around to doing it?

Comment

For as few games as these teams in power conferences play against poor opponents, they sure do seem to lose a fair share of them.

The Shox played a whole schedule against them (allegedly) and managed to win them all.

Pretty nice feat.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X