Congrats!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats!!!

You guys have a hell of a team this year. They have been a blast to watch. The fans in the round house appeared to be just as rowdy as I remembered from my days in Wichita.

Welcome to Shockernet. Don't be a stranger.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Amazing season for you guys. We all knew at Winthrop that we had a special coach, but even this is beyond anything we could have ever realistically expected for Marshall and you guys (I don't mean that as an insult by any means...I just mean this is such a rare accomplishment, that who really could have expected 31-0 for any team). He's an elite coach, and we are happy we were able to get 9 years out of him, and we'll forever be looking for the 'next Marshall', so enjoy all the years you can get with him. He seems happy there and he can obviously get to the top of the basketball world in Wichita, so hopefully for you guys, he'll be there a long time.

And good luck in Arch Madness and in the NCAAs (unless Winthrop makes the tournament as a 16-seed and gets matched up with you guys, then I take back the 'good luck' part).

Comment

Congratulations Wichita State Shockers. Deserve all the kudos they receive!

Comment

Originally posted by WinthropEagleFan View Post
          Amazing season for you guys. We all knew at Winthrop that we had a special coach, but even this is beyond anything we could have ever realistically expected for Marshall and you guys (I don't mean that as an insult by any means...I just mean this is such a rare accomplishment, that who really could have expected 31-0 for any team). He's an elite coach, and we are happy we were able to get 9 years out of him, and we'll forever be looking for the 'next Marshall', so enjoy all the years you can get with him. He seems happy there and he can obviously get to the top of the basketball world in Wichita, so hopefully for you guys, he'll be there a long time.

And good luck in Arch Madness and in the NCAAs (unless Winthrop makes the tournament as a 16-seed and gets matched up with you guys, then I take back the 'good luck' part).
          We took care of Tennessee and Pearl for you the next game after they hit that late-game lucky corner shot when Coach Marshall was still coaching at Winthrop at the Dance. Thank you for the kind words.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
            Welcome to Shockernet. Don't be a stranger.
            Thanks shox. promise to come around a bit. Also promise to try and turn the shaggy down to about a 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by WinthropEagleFan View Post

I remember when WSU was "recruiting" Coach Marshall, and our local sports-talk media were tracking flight numbers on FlightAware and figuring out where the AD was going, and the discussion was "He's a good coach at Winthrop, but how will he do at a 'bigger school" like WSU?" On further review, I'd say very well - he's now apparently taken the word "mid-major" out of the basketball dictionary, and made my wife pay attention to basketball games. No one knew then that Turgeon leaving for Maryland was the best thing that could ever happen to this program.

and the NCAA would never DARE to match Winthrop up against WSU, now would they?

Comment

Originally posted by podunkboy View Post
                I remember when WSU was "recruiting" Coach Marshall, and our local sports-talk media were tracking flight numbers on FlightAware and figuring out where the AD was going, and the discussion was "He's a good coach at Winthrop, but how will he do at a 'bigger school" like WSU?" On further review, I'd say very well - he's now apparently taken the word "mid-major" out of the basketball dictionary, and made my wife pay attention to basketball games. No one knew then that Turgeon leaving for Texas A and M was the best thing that could ever happen to this program.

and the NCAA would never DARE to match Winthrop up against WSU, now would they?
                Fixed that for you...BUT EXACTLY!

Comment

We'll be pulling for you to get any slot but 16, 8, or 9.

Comment

Working...
                  X