No announcement yet.

FVV named semi-finalist for the Naismith Trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another amazing accomplishment for FVV, with many more to come.

Watching him is just so much fun.

Comment

If Creighton was still in the Valley, there'd be no way they would put two on the list from the MVC. That means that Doug McDermott would have been left off.

Comment

Something to point out, he's the only Sophomore on that list.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
          3 tops
          Creighton will probably petition the NCAA to award Dougie a sixth year because he paid his own way out of the goodness of Daddy's heart. For year 7,they will have to get more creative for a reason.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

FVV = stud.

Whoever said that WSU doesn't have that special, transcendent type player required to win a national championship was wrong. In fact we have more than one.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'd like to make a comment on the value of recruiting evaluations by the "experts" and the stars and such.

FVV just barely made it into the top-100 of his HS class, according to those who award the stars. As a So in college he's considered among the top 10 players in D1 ball. That includes 4 years of players, not just the one year HS class where FVV was "top-100".

I think the evaluators missed by more than a little bit. FVV is a 5-star with a bullet.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Creighton will probably petition the NCAA to award Dougie a sixth year because he paid his own way out of the goodness of Daddy's heart. For year 7,they will have to get more creative for a reason.
                Prior to that, they will need to petition for a fifth year. If Dougie stays beyond that, years six and seven need to be completed at UNI. That will help the Panthers mitigate the Teddy Hawkins situation.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

GodFredGod gogogogogo
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                  X