Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about that team with just ONE win against a top 50 team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about that team with just ONE win against a top 50 team.

Posted this on another board as well, thought it was something you guys might find it humorous:

They have just one good win, and even though it was an away game against a Top 10 team can you really give them a #1 seed? Yeah, they played a few more away games than the average team, but that really shouldn't matter, should it? And then look at that conference. It is pathetic. I mean, how many teams would stream-roll through the MVC? Only two other teams even have a winning record!

And even with that conference, they haven't dominated every game. They are lucky to even have an undefeated record with that one point win @Southern Illinois. And though they whupped the #3 team in the conference at home, the rest of their games against the top 3 were all single digit wins. They've only been winning games by about 13 points, which is horrible for the schedule they've played.

Once they get to the tournament, they'll be exposed. Every opponent will be better than anyone they've played since December. I'll bet they don't even make the Final Four, and they'll get thoroughly shaken up once they face a real opponent from a real conference, like Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, or Arkansas.

Confused? I'm not talking about Wichita State. I'm talking about the 1979 Indiana State Sycamores.

Post Of The Week.

Comment

Well done, sir.

Comment

Did anyone else read this in Paul Harvey's voice? I was waiting for a "and now you know the rest of the story. "

Comment

Remember well Al McGuire and Billy Packer arguing week after week about ISUb. As far as Packer was concerned, the only conferences that mattered were B1G and ACC.

It was those debates where I got know and love Al and despise Billy.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Yeah. And they lost! See.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Everyone keeps misspelling Billy's last name. It's spelled pACCer not Packer.

Comment

Packer was why the term "dique" was invented

Comment

Remember Al McGuire doing a Shocker game and he came up into the student section and visited with us for about 15 minutes, left us with a little motivational speech to make sure we got rowdy. Great coach and a great tv guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X