Secretly hoping for a #2 seed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secretly hoping for a #2 seed...

I actually think the best thing for this team would be to finish undefeated and still only be given a #2 seed. I think it would be the kind of disrespect that GM and crew feed off of. I think it would annoy them and make them "play angry." It goes with the whole theme of the season. No matter how many games we win we still don't get respect from everyone. And when you break it down, there isn't that much of a difference in the #1 and #2 seed.

I'm sorry but there's not enough space on the internet for all the no's I want to type in response to this. It's similar to the argument that WSU needs to lose a game before the tournament.

The Shockers are a great team. They deserve a #1 seed. There will be "experts" who will say that WSU doesn't deserve a 1 seed. That will provide plenty of motivation for this team. But here's the thing you obviously haven't noticed yet - this team doesn't need any external motivation. They want to win and to be great because that's the type of young men they are.

Comment

keep it a secret

Comment

You say they don't need any external motivation....you are kidding yourself if you think the players don't use external motivation. I think the original poster was just saying that there is not a huge difference in being a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament and that a 2 seed could give the Shox one more barb in the side.

I personally could go either way on a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament....but holy snykees batman....we are talking about a 1 or 2 seed. Hear me again slowly....1 OR 2 Seed. Last year at this time we were still cutting our teeth on all this attention...we had no idea this team would be in the Final 4...much less a 30-0 start to the season. So...1 or 2 seed is A-OK by me.

Comment

I don't think they need to lose a game. That is a completely unrelated argument. A lose could possibly shake their confidence heading into the big dance. I am not saying they don't deserve a #1 seed, because I think they do. People are just acting like if they don't get a #1 seed it would be the worse thing to ever happen. I see benefits in being the #2 seed

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I'm sorry but there's not enough space on the internet for all the no's I want to type in response to this. It's similar to the argument that WSU needs to lose a game before the tournament.

The Shockers are a great team. They deserve a #1 seed. There will be "experts" who will say that WSU doesn't deserve a 1 seed. That will provide plenty of motivation for this team. But here's the thing you obviously haven't noticed yet - this team doesn't need any external motivation. They want to win and to be great because that's the type of young men they are.
            This.

If last year's team were doing this, then maybe I would agree. But these guys just want to win, so why not give them what is supposed to be the easiest path? Besides, as pie said, they deserve it.

This topic does remind me of an interesting thought I had the other day. For all the whining about our schedule, if we were to go and win it all, how many of those whiners would turn it around and say the only reason we won is because we went a whole season without having to play teams that wore us down, so we were fresher. And having that extra week to rest because we don't play in a power conference. We had an unfair advantage.

Comment

I'm secretly hoping for the overall #1 seed.

Comment

I've got a feeling that they don't really care what seed they get. As Pie mentioned, they don't really need any external motivation; that's for all the Shocker addicts on SN. They might just be thinking about one game at a time with the plan of winning 10 more games this year, or not losing any of their last 6 games. At this point, I'm super happy with what they've done this year, as everyone is.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  This.

If last year's team were doing this, then maybe I would agree. But these guys just want to win, so why not give them what is supposed to be the easiest path? Besides, as pie said, they deserve it.

This topic does remind me of an interesting thought I had the other day. For all the whining about our schedule, if we were to go and win it all, how many of those whiners would turn it around and say the only reason we won is because we went a whole season without having to play teams that wore us down, so we were fresher. And having that extra week to rest because we don't play in a power conference. We had an unfair advantage.
                  Don't forget, we don't have to suffer the burden of one and done freshmen headed for the NBA in a couple of months. If we had a couple of them, we probably couldn't win a valley game since there would be so much pressure!

Comment

I am secretly hoping to watch 3G and crew cut down nets at Jerry World. Wait a minute...there is no secret to those hopes!
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      I am secretly hoping to watch 3G and crew cut down nets at Jerry World. Wait a minute...there is no secret to those hopes!
                      Plenty of room at my house for any SN'ers headed down here!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                        I'm secretly hoping for the overall #1 seed.
                        I'm very vocally hoping for the overall #1 seed.

And +1 to those that say this team doesn't need any external motivation. This team wants the national championship and they are unwavering in their confidence and resolve. It's bizzarre, it's sureal, it's not the norm, but anyone that's watched this team play the bulk of their games this season has seen it. Rarely do you see a team that's this unflappable.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          This.

Whatever path WSU must traverse, the know-it-alls will declare it the easiest path in NCAA torunament history. Book it!
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Whatever path WSU must traverse, the know-it-alls will declare it the easiest path in NCAA torunament history. Book it!
                            Your path will always look easier when you are the best one on that path.

It is the reason WSU had the most difficult path to the Final Four since KenPom has been tracking such numbers, last year.

Comment

This brings up an interesting topic, Who are teams you would or wouldn't like to see on WSUs side of the bracket? Teams we match up well against or maybe teams that could provide a match up issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X