Marshall's Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall's Expectations

I would like to ask coach if he really expected this kind of success when he accepted this opportunity initially.

I would guess that if turgeon answered honestly he would say that in his eyes, a number two ranking, a final four, 30 consecutive wins and a legimate shot at a number 1 seed isn't possible at WSU. Most coaches would probably say that I suppose.

I'm biased but even when I was driving 500 miles to see every home game when randy was coaching I thought that our program had magic in it. Maybe because of the history.

Anyway I see what's happening with our program right now in front of the world and it makes me (a believer all along) think that anything is possible. Go Shox!

Just remember we are 1 phone call away from going back there. See Butler Bulldogs.

Comment

Turgeon would of said " not at this level". Lol

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
        Just remember we are 1 phone call away from going back there. See Butler Bulldogs.
        We are NOT Butler.
        The Assman

Comment

That's a valid question.

I for one feel that coach Marshall feels like anything is possible and if you believe in yourself and your teammates anything can happen. I think it was last year or maybe the year before Coach Marshall said..."this is just the beginning". I feel he truly believes that to this day. This is just the start of building a program that everyone in the country wishes they had. He has built this program up by hard work, recruiting players who listen and would do anything for him. It's exciting to be a part of! THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            We are NOT Butler.
            How so?
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Brad Stevens knew he didn't have the same caliber team returning and it might be several years before Butler was in the national spotlight again, so when he got the chance to move to the pros, he took it. Besides the money was great. I'm not sure he would have taken another college job but would have instead chosen to start rebuilding at Butler.

Comment

His name needs to be in the rafters after this season. Unveil it with the championship banners.

Comment

No.

With a bad hire perhaps, but in and of itself, Marshall leaving does not stop this train.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Marshall IS the train...

Comment

This would be a good question for his next show.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

I believe it is the coach, staff, administration and fans that are integral parts in the success of any program. If any of the legs on the table are weak the whole thing can't support itself. We're not Butler. I have no idea if this is a valid statement because I don't know the inner workings of what made Butler successful to begin with. I do know that the one constant at WSU has been its fan base. Sure its like a growing entity now but even in the bad years there were thousands that supported it no matter how bad. We know that the program gets great support from the administration and the staff is one of the best in the nation. Winthrop was successful and from what I can gather HC3G2LL had the support of his administration and a good staff but no fan base. He and Lynn took tickets around town and gave then away to get people to go to the games and eventually built a fan base. And for a number of years had a successful program. After he left Winthrop the program declined so I am inclined to believe the next coach and or staff failed to perform at the previous level and now they have trouble with attendance. I don't believe the Administration changed its support because of the coaching change but when things started to go south the fans abandoned the program. All four legs of a program have to be strong and if one isn't the whole thing fails. I believe that we are as good as we are because of the coach, staff, admin and fans. Each entity is as good and passionate as they can possibly be. Each of us supporting the effort of the other is what makes this a unique place in time.

Comment

At one of his early golf tournaments, at least 5 years ago, Marshall spoke to about 50 or so of us at the end of the day. He made a comment to the effect that he believed the ceiling at WSU to be very high or he wouldn't be here. And when he said "very high" he stated that he believed it to be higher than we believed it to be. The dude knows what he is doing.

Comment

Depends on if we promote Jan's and the rest of the staff.

I'm not worried. Butler had good runs, they were never like this.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              His name needs to be in the rafters after this season. Unveil it with the championship banners.
                              No. His banner after he becomes the winningest coach. But the championship banner I'll take.

Comment

Working...
                              X