NCAA Tourney ticket issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tourney ticket issue

Not certain this applies to the majority of you, but only the named person for the tickets can pick them up at the tourney sites. This would have prevented myself from going to the FF last year since the person who the tickets are under was unable to attend (Last year they called the ticket office and designated me as the one to pick up the tickets).

A smarter way to do it would be to list an alternate person now, a month ahead of time, to allow for alternates to pick up the tickets while still preventing tickets from appearing on ebay or stubhub.

Russell Wilkins always has and I'm certain always will be as accommodating as he can. I can't believe this will be an issue for anyone.

Comment

I believe the ticket office has a form that can be filled out in order for someone else to pick up the tickets. The account holder just needs to call and get that form.

Comment

Let me play devil's advocate here. Let's say that you don't currently donate to SASO but know a Top 100 donor who wasn't planning to go to one of the sites. If that Top 100 donor buys tickets and has them transferred to you, you will have better seats than others who do contribute. Why should the non-donor get better seats than actual donors? Now, I certainly understand that plans change, and someone plans to go but cannot at the last minute. I wonder if anything happened last year where it was abused. Maybe there could be an understanding that you can request a transfer with the understanding that the priority points will essentially be ignored, meaning that account's tickets for that transaction will be treated as a non-donor with zero points and thus get the worst seats possible. Not sure. That would seem like a hassle too. Overall, I have no issue with requiring the account holder to pick up tickets.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Let me play devil's advocate here. Let's say that you don't currently donate to SASO but know a Top 100 donor who wasn't planning to go to one of the sites. If that Top 100 donor buys tickets and has them transferred to you, you will have better seats than others who do contribute. Why should the non-donor get better seats than actual donors? Now, I certainly understand that plans change, and someone plans to go but cannot at the last minute. I wonder if anything happened last year where it was abused. Maybe there could be an understanding that you can request a transfer with the understanding that the priority points will essentially be ignored, meaning that account's tickets for that transaction will be treated as a non-donor with zero points and thus get the worst seats possible. Not sure. That would seem like a hassle too. Overall, I have no issue with requiring the account holder to pick up tickets.
          I concur.

Comment

What about me when my season tickets are through my parents but they don't plan on going to any of the tourney games.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Exactly, a season ticket holder should be able to give or sell them to anyone whether they are big donors or not.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                Exactly, a season ticket holder should be able to give or sell them to anyone whether they are big donors or not.
                "...to anyone whether they are big donors or not..." I completely disagree with you on this. When they do so, they are denying another season ticket holder the possibility of obtaining a ticket and attending.

In a case where family ties are involved (Steelshocker), I can live with that (sort of), but when the variouis car dealerships start using their ability to purchase tournament tickets and pass them out to non-season ticket holders, or worse yet, when someone buys them through WSU and then sells them for profit that is just plain unethical.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Considering we (my family) has been buying 8 season tickets for over 2 decades, and the official account is in my mothers name and we were told we could only get 4 tickets ( the limit placed ) and that the account holder had to be there. We will not be getting any this yr. While there are several of us that did last yr , and would again this yr . The stipulation this time precludes us from doing so since the matriarch of the family is 79 yrs old and is in good health and hasn't missed but 1 that"s ONE home game in the last 25 yrs. She has no desire to travel that far this yr. So be it ,,,, guess we will watch from home on CBS this time. But we do agree that the "must have the acct holder present rule " is total C rap
                  From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                    I believe the ticket office has a form that can be filled out in order for someone else to pick up the tickets. The account holder just needs to call and get that form.
                    Had the account holder contact the ticket office. They said no transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      I concur.
                      Are you telling me the Top 100 donor did not pay to have that prerogative? It's just like corporate sponsors who buy a number of seats, almost never personally use them, but pass them out to friends and employees and may do so for tournaments as well.

What about students that stand in line, get tickets, then sell them for a handsome amount, rather than another student being able to use them, who may have paid in their fees to support those tickets. To me that's worse.

Another thing that is worse, to me anyway, is parents not being able to pass on their "status" to children who are willing to ante up enough to continue that status and have to start all over, even though those children have been going to games for decades with or without their parents, and been the primary thrust for the "family giving" to the athletic department for years. I know this is common practice among athletic departments (successful ones anyway), but it has it's faults in some circumstances.

Comment

KSN news at 10 has a piece that said "be careful" if you buy student tickets and do not have a student ID, you may be disappointed.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Damn was hoping to get tickets for Dallas for myself and son.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Are you telling me the Top 100 donor did not pay to have that prerogative? It's just like corporate sponsors who buy a number of seats, almost never personally use them, but pass them out to friends and employees and may do so for tournaments as well.

What about students that stand in line, get tickets, then sell them for a handsome amount, rather than another student being able to use them, who may have paid in their fees to support those tickets. To me that's worse.

Another thing that is worse, to me anyway, is parents not being able to pass on their "status" to children who are willing to ante up enough to continue that status and have to start all over, even though those children have been going to games for decades with or without their parents, and been the primary thrust for the "family giving" to the athletic department for years. I know this is common practice among athletic departments (successful ones anyway), but it has it's faults in some circumstances.
                            I agree with this 110%. If you donate the money, you should be allowed to do whatever you want with the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by myopicraiderfan View Post
                              Had the account holder contact the ticket office. They said no transfer.
                              They must be being selective and letting higher donors get special treatment because I just talked to someone who transferred their tickets if we're in St. Louis...

Comment

Working...
                              X