#2 Wichita State @ Bradley Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    I thought it was a very solid game for us. Again our guard play was just awsome. When were passing the ball and shooting the three like tonight, we are almost unbeatable. The only negative would be giving up 11 offensive rebounds in the first half. Second half much better rebounding, and limiting their second chance points. Early solid, solid game, he has been so consistent this year, not forcing things, team player who has super star written all over him, but he does'nt care, just like the rest of the team, this is for sure a team. Different parts of the game different players took over. This was fun to watch. And really overall I thought Bradley showed themselves pretty well on national tv, and really I like their arena, I think if Bradley can get it togetheir in the near future that would bode well for the Valley. Go Shocks...30-0 unreal
    We definitely need to get the rebounding under control going into the dance. Colby and Lufile in particular are under performing in that area.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• What an amazing team.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• The Shockers are the top story on the midnight SC!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
          The Shockers are the top story on the midnight SC!
          and for some reason 3rd on College Basketball Live...

Comment

• The SC sportscaster starts off the show by saying the Shock would be if the Shockers lose.

Comment

• Bradley fan here who attended the game last night. You guys have a better coach, better players, better system, and a better TEAM then us. You made our shooting, or lack thereof, as cold as the weather last night. Dang it was bitter. Anyway, hope you get a number one seed in spite of what some of the talking heads say. And good luck in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                Quick Bradley report -- not a bad little arena. Better than Drake's and Mo St's old one. But it definitely feels old and cramped. But the view was good. The student section did well. No Bradley fan came up to me to tell me they were going to win. Everyone was complementary, saying they were pulling for the Shox after tonight, and just hoped Bradley would show up.

There was a Bradley fan in section 16 who kept yelling at the Bradley players telling them they sucked. "YOU SUCK LEMMON!" Sheesh. We have had some players make stupid plays and not have very good BB IQ but I can't ever remember a WSU fan yelling at a WSU player like that.
                Nah, the guy behind me at Koch (a rather big-time sponsor) probably didn't make the trip.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  We definitely need to get the rebounding under control going into the dance. Colby and Lufile in particular are under performing in that area.
                  There were more than a couple of possessions where it looked like our guys were just trying to jump and reach for the ball rather than blocking out and going for position. The one I remember was where bu got three offensive rebounds in one possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                    Lemon and Pickett were a combined 11-40...that's a lot of shots
                    That's a lot of zero balls
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      That's a lot of zero balls
                      We are so foutunate that they had an off night shooting!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Congrats to our Shockers on another graet road win!
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          There were more than a couple of possessions where it looked like our guys were just trying to jump and reach for the ball rather than blocking out and going for position. The one I remember was where bu got three offensive rebounds in one possession.
                          I think Bradley deserves some credit due to both their effort and their poor shooting. It's been a while since I've seen this team and I was somewhat surprised by their athleticism. To my eyes they don't fit the stereotype of the totally undersized unathletic Valley team. I thought their athleticism allowed them to play tough d for a lot of the game. They lack the skill and focus to really challenge WSU over 40 minutes but the effort was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            I think Bradley deserves some credit due to both their effort and their poor shooting. It's been a while since I've seen this team and I was somewhat surprised by their athleticism. To my eyes they don't fit the stereotype of the totally undersized unathletic Valley team. I thought their athleticism allowed them to play tough d for a lot of the game. They lack the skill and focus to really challenge WSU over 40 minutes but the effort was there.
                            I believe they had 3 or 4 seniors that played the bulk of the minutes. I agree they played well for quite a while but we had for the most part 2 sophs 2 jr's and a sr on the floor against them.

Comment

• BTW did anyone else see when the bradley fans were trying to trick their own team with shot clock countdown LMAO
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X