Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets

Will we cut down the nets Saturday vs Drake, or vs Mo State

I rather wait til Mo st. when we complete the first undefeated season in a decade
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

On the last Gregg Marshall show it sounded like the Drake game if we win.
      In the fast lane

Comment

We could cut them down EVERY TIME we win from here on out! Bring a ladder to Peoria!!! Go Shox!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Marshall mentioned last night that we'd be cutting them down this Saturday with a win.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            We could cut them down EVERY TIME we win from here on out! Bring a ladder to Peoria!!! Go Shox!
            well, we have won 7 or 8 super bowls already.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
              Marshall mentioned last night that we'd be cutting them down this Saturday with a win.
              That he did. OTOH, he did not say that they would not do both. IF we clinch the Championship vs Drake and then again IF we finish 31-0 vs MSU.

Comment

No need to cut nets for 31-0. There is no "championship" or "award"for that, only pride and memories and histroy.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  No need to cut nets for 31-0. There is no "championship" or "award"for that, only pride and memories and histroy.
                  And what we are really after. A very small seed number in front of our name on Selection Sunday.

Comment

We will cut the nets down 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                      We will cut the nets down 4 times.
                      I like the way you think! Con reg season, conf tourney, regional champ and national champ! Let's do it!!!!
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        May not be a "need" but if they are 31-0 after the Missouri State game, my money's on the nets coming down again.

In some ways Gregg reminds me of Bob Stoops. Bob has always made sure the kids enjoyed the successes (like when they've beat UT for instance) and I expect Gregg would allow the same. 31-0 is more than worthy of that kind of exuberance, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          May not be a "need" but if they are 31-0 after the Missouri State game, my money's on the nets coming down again.

In some ways Gregg reminds me of Bob Stoops. Bob has always made sure the kids enjoyed the successes (like when they've beat UT for instance) and I expect Gregg would allow the same. 31-0 is more than worthy of that kind of exuberance, imho.
                          And I like that. Celebrate the regular season title. Celebrate if we finish undefeated. Celebrate at Arch Madness. There's no reason to NOT celebrate making history.

If we finish undefeated, I guarantee Coach Marshall will value the nets from the MoSt game far more than the nets from the Drake game.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            If we finish undefeated, I guarantee Coach Marshall will value the nets from the MoSt game far more than the nets from the Drake game.
                            That's why we don't cut them down till after 31-0....same nets.
                            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                              That's why we don't cut them down till after 31-0....same nets.
                              Why only celebrate once?

Different accomplishments. The regular season championship isn't on the line against MoSt.

If we're going to hold off on celebrating an accomplishment, why cut down the nets against MoSt, when we could wait until Arch Madness and only have one set of nets? Or the Regional Championship? Or the National Championship?
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X