Coaches Show - 17Feb2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Show - 17Feb2014

Fred - why are you a Lutz hater? You certainly heard the Sports Daily discussion Monday differently than I did.

Mike asked about shot blocking - no particular drills; the guys are just long and athletic.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

The best line from the night came when HCGM was talking about scheduling. He noted that a big program should schedule us and see it as a win/win like we have been saying here. If they win, it is a good win and WSU doesn't hurt their RPI. If they lose, it is a good loss and (this is the best part) "a lot of these BCS schools have been racking up a lot of those good losses*"

I had to chortle.

* ShockerNet Quote Nazis: That may not be the exact phrasing. I'm drunk. Kiss my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      The best line from the night came when HCGM was talking about scheduling. He noted that a big program should schedule us and see it as a win/win like we have been saying here. If they win, it is a good win and WSU doesn't hurt their RPI. If they lose, it is a good loss and (this is the best part) "a lot of these BCS schools have been racking up a lot of those good losses*"

I had to chortle.

* ShockerNet Quote Nazis: That may not be the exact phrasing. I'm drunk. Kiss my ass.
      That was close Rose. It was either "good" or "quality".

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        That was close Rose. It was either "good" or "quality".
        Maybe it was quality. I put back a Tank 7 and a Chocolate Ale since then and now I'm starting to talk a lot like Ron. But the point is the same and how he said it was quite humorous indeed.

Comment

Gregg Marshall talking about Cle before the Evansville game: "I pulled him aside and I said, 'You know, by the way, the Pacers are here and they asked one question. How is your defense?' And it worked."

Comment

Did MK say we've sold 4k tickets for Arch Madness? Did I hear that correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
              Did MK say we've sold 4k tickets for Arch Madness? Did I hear that correctly?
              Gregg Marshall said about 4,000 sold. He also said the Missouri State tip off has been set at 1pm. He believes the game will be on ESPN if we are going for a perfect regular season.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I can't believe that game day is still going to okie state. They will be lucky to be a conference .500 team by then. If it was a non bcs school you know they would have a different school already lined up.

Comment

Pogo did you miss where it has been pointed out that game day can't just change schools on a whim?

Comment

Pogo did you miss where it has been pointed out that game day can't just change schools on a whim?
                    One thing I haven't understood is why they announce Gameday for every week so early. If I remember right, the football version only announces a few weeks in advance, to avoid a situation like we now have with okie st.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Yeah...but don't you know they wish they could???

T think the Parallel Game Day would attract HUGE attention...I think the AD should allow it, because SOMEONE is going to pick up on it!!!

Comment

While I understand that Gameday isn't moving (and really, it'll just be funny at OSU), I don't buy that they aren't able to change locations quickly.

If you have the resources and experience to produce something like Gameday every week, you have the resources and ability to change the location of the production given 3-5 weeks notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          While I understand that Gameday isn't moving (and really, it'll just be funny at OSU), I don't buy that they aren't able to change locations quickly.

If you have the resources and experience to produce something like Gameday every week, you have the resources and ability to change the location of the production given 3-5 weeks notice.
                          Yea but what if OSU is making (or have made) 10,000 T-Shirts to give to their fans that have "Gameday" on them? A lot of different things like that happen.

I would say the one thing that is different between Football gameday and College basketball game day is the sponsorship. Home Depot for CFB, and State Farm for CBB. State Farm brands like crazy at these events, often times with school specific advertisements that they give out to the fans in the crowd possibly made a month or two in advance by some factory in China. Home Depot for CFB doesn't really do that. Yea they have their banners up everywhere but they don't seem to have as much site-specific marketing that State Farm uses.

I'm not saying that these are excuses but it certainly could help to put a reasoning behind their decisions.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Yea but what if OSU is making (or have made) 10,000 T-Shirts to give to their fans that have "Gameday" on them? A lot of different things like that happen.
                            Then that would just be hilarious. :)
                            But seriously, they could just send them to the children that have worn through their 40-0 Kentucky shirts.

Comment

lol, the Kentucky joke will never get old.....
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                              X